Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: scottpcm Iowa Gas??? - Tue May 26 2020 07:52 PM
Any one heard anything about Iowa Gas? Sadly they would have the same problems that cancelled the Columbus Show. With an older crowd I would expect it to raise concerns. That small restaurant inside, limited indoor patio seating, vendors inside and outside crammed together. Then there is the room to room...I love this show but I have my doubts it would go on as it's only about 9 weeks away...
Posted By: Tankar Re: Iowa Gas??? - Tue May 26 2020 08:45 PM
Nothing yet got my hotel room confirmation last week
Posted By: minuteman Re: Iowa Gas??? - Wed May 27 2020 04:43 AM
2 months is a long ways away yet. Lots of people seem to think it’s back to normal already.. So who knows, but I’m hoping it goes forward.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Iowa Gas??? - Wed May 27 2020 09:15 PM
The good news is it's a republican run state and most stuff is to be opened on June 1st.
I would think if Ron and John give us a good guidelines for the room to room and eating areas, we could get it done without problems.
It's never has been about huge crowds so lets all do a good job at sticking to their guidelines and enjoy ourselves.
I'm sure Route 32 will get a plan put together for the auction also.
Posted By: keithia Re: Iowa Gas??? - Thu May 28 2020 02:14 AM
Iowa Gas posted on Facebook about a week or so ago that at that time the show was still a go. The Iowa Governor has opened up a lot of stuff already and by the time August rolls around everything should be opened back up. I would not count IG out yet.
Posted By: hotcidr Re: Iowa Gas??? - Tue Jun 02 2020 03:15 PM
I called and spoke to the manager of Holiday Inn and she said as far as they know the show is on
Posted By: Matt293 Re: Iowa Gas??? - Sun Jun 21 2020 12:11 AM
I just called the manager today and as of now it’s still a go!!! And is anyone bringing a red hat sign I’m looking to acquire one there.
Posted By: Skydog Re: Iowa Gas??? - Wed Jun 24 2020 03:40 PM
What is the date of this event?

Greg
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Iowa Gas??? - Wed Jun 24 2020 04:04 PM
Show dates will be August 5th, 6th and 7th, 2020

and this is the posting on their website:

"ATTENTION

NEWS UPDATE ABOUT THE IOWA GAS SWAP MEET
IN THE MIDST OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
DATED: JUNE 21, 2020

The 2020 Iowa Gas Swap Meet is still a GO!

Show dates will be August 5th, 6th and 7th, 2020

There may be some changes and restrictions due to “social distancing”. If you have already registered, look for information regarding the “social distancing” guidelines in your confirmation packet. The confirmation packets are planned to be mailed out July 17th, 2020.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Iowa Gas??? - Mon Jun 29 2020 12:30 AM
We will be there!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk