Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Portland swap meet - Thu Mar 12 2020 02:43 PM
Called the swap meet this morning because of the state leaders new call for no gatherings of 250 people or more for the next four weeks. In the recording they said that they are monitoring the situation but will have to see what to do about this new government order. This may bring all of our get togethers to a halt for a while I believe. We might have more infomation by this weekend I hope. The PIR meet on the same weekend will probably do the same even though it is all outside.
Posted By: trifiver Re: Portland swap meet - Thu Mar 12 2020 10:14 PM
It's not going to Happen

Attached picture PIR.PNG
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Portland swap meet - Sun Mar 15 2020 04:14 PM
Yes, just got the email this morning that the swap meet is officially not going to happen and they are not rescheduling until the 2021 swap meet. They will transfer the funds if you would like or you can get a refund. Scheduling would have been tough not knowing if it would be prolonged or into other events.
Posted By: HandyRandy Re: Portland swap meet - Sun Dec 06 2020 08:32 PM
Does anybody know if the Portland Swap Meet has officially been rescheduled for 2021?

Description: PIR Swap Meet
Attached picture PIR Swap Meet.jpg
Posted By: tjhvintage Re: Portland swap meet - Tue Dec 15 2020 03:25 AM
I received an email on Dec. 7th from the PIR organizers saying that they are not cancelling yet and hoping to have it if the state mandates are lifted. They are in a wait and see mode right now.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Portland swap meet - Tue Dec 15 2020 03:43 PM
Got the same. Not very promising when they asked about if you will still go in 2022.
Posted By: tjhvintage Re: Portland swap meet - Fri Feb 05 2021 06:08 PM
Just received the email this morning, both swap meets for 2021 have been cancelled. the Expo and P.I.R.
Posted By: minuteman Re: Portland swap meet - Fri Feb 05 2021 06:22 PM
From what you see in the news about Portland, hell just go ahead and have the meet. Nobody has any balls to stop you it seems....lol
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Portland swap meet - Sat Feb 06 2021 02:01 AM
Just the people who enforce the rules who can fine you. Seems that there is no end to that.
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Portland swap meet - Sat Feb 06 2021 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by minuteman
From what you see in the news about Portland, hell just go ahead and have the meet. Nobody has any balls to stop you it seems....lol

If they won't stop Antifa from burning down the city, why would they even care about a swap meet? Oregon's politicians are aholes.... just like California politicians
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Portland swap meet - Sat Feb 06 2021 07:26 PM
because they can make a buck off of it.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk