Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Fri Nov 29 2019 10:35 PM
THE ESTATE OF BILL & MARILYN HUMPHREY
This estate was moved in its entirety from Enid to Oklahoma City.
The sale's slated for 13, 14, 15, and 16 December, 2019.

https://edmondestatesales.smugmug.com/THE-ESTATE-OF-BILL-MARILYN-HUMPHREY/

Sale Location
4932 N. May Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73112

https://www.estatesale.com/sales/view/287265.html

EdmondEstateSales.com
Phone: (405) 820-2814
Email: Oklappraiser@aol.com

Attached picture nationalA-38.jpg
Attached picture i-zCrH7mm-XL.jpg
Attached picture i-rHRnpNg-XL.jpg
Attached picture a (17)-S.jpg
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Fri Nov 29 2019 10:37 PM
More photos

Attached picture a (8)-S.jpg
Attached picture a (36)-S.jpg
Attached picture a (50)-S.jpg
Attached picture a (69)-S.jpg
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Fri Nov 29 2019 10:39 PM
More photos

Attached picture a (12)-S.jpg
Attached picture a (14)-S.jpg
Attached picture a (38)-S.jpg
Attached picture a (60)-M.jpg
Posted By: Done4 Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Fri Nov 29 2019 11:45 PM
Holy Molely! Is this an auction or priced sale? Just curious, there’s a ton of stuff.
Everything reads like a sale. Boy how would like to dust all that.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Sun Dec 01 2019 07:09 PM
Any oldgassers going to the sale? If so, PM me, there's a couple of things I'm interested in buying.
Posted By: frankpl Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Wed Dec 04 2019 12:19 AM
Dang I just left there yesterday
Posted By: 66phillips Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Sat Dec 07 2019 02:04 PM
I was in OKC Tuesday. Called and asked if I could look at the stuff. Wanted to see if it would be worth my trip. My answer was no. Had to be in line the morning of the 13th. I won't be there!
Posted By: Tankar Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Sat Dec 07 2019 02:55 PM
Hi Butch. That's why I dont go to estate sales for that reason. Usually big waste of time.
Posted By: BrianH Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Sat Dec 07 2019 03:15 PM
Right, either prices are low and it looks like a Black Friday scene with everybody grabbing all they can or they're so high no one's buying anything. They should have never done this as an estate sale.

BrianH
Posted By: okoil1 Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Sat Dec 07 2019 06:35 PM
This estate had several cars (Packards), signs, cans, pumps, etc and was auctioned in the early 2000’s by Aumann in Waukomis, Oklahoma.

If I remember the story correctly, an investor from California bought the ranch, cars and petroleum collection. He opted to sell everything but the land.

Bill and Marylin Humphrey noted in the listing have both been deceased for numerous years. I assume their children are liquidating “what’s left”.

I remember standing in the back during the auction next to Kyle and we both bought several signs and rare Oklahoma cans. It was in October but I don’t recall the year.....2000-2002.

Dan will remember scenario better.

I have a feeling most items in this estate sale will have condition issues and be over priced.
The petroliana stuff was roped off at the sale and they were letting only 5 people shop that area at a time. When one would leave, then one could go in. So it took a long to get into that area. Not the most ideal situation if you were not in the first 5. I was told that the man that was first in line had been there 2 days.
Posted By: hawkike Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Fri Dec 13 2019 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by publicenemy1925
The petroliana stuff was roped off at the sale and they were letting only 5 people shop that area at a time. When one would leave, then one could go in. So it took a long to get into that area. Not the most ideal situation if you were not in the first 5. I was told that the man that was first in line had been there 2 days.

It will be a cold day in H--- when I stand in line to view overpriced items,or even under priced!
Posted By: 66phillips Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Sat Dec 14 2019 02:59 AM
I looked at the photos and knew it wouldn't be worth the trouble for me to drive 2 1/2 hrs. Hopefully found something they liked.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Sat Dec 14 2019 05:49 PM
I thought about going but knew it would be a cluster. If there was someone who waited in line for two days for what I saw in the pictures he was thinking that stuff was worth a lot more than I did.....GB
Posted By: okoil1 Re: Petroliana Estate Sale, Oklahoma City Dec 13-16 - Sat Dec 14 2019 09:07 PM
I arrived at 5:15am day of the sale and was #24 in line and that translated to 8th or 9th in the oil and gas area line.

The first two gentleman who were admitted into the oil and gas area bought several items. However, not many items that I would have bought if I were In earlier, I would have purchased 3 more globes.

I did buy 8 globes, the one that I went after and 7 more because I felt they were under priced. Also picked up several maps and paper items.

The signs were mostly rough and over priced. The Packard was nice but priced at 9k. The pumps were nice older restorations and priced north of 15k each.

The estate sale company used Barrett Jackson results as their methodology for several items.

Doing a “Black Friday” estate sale was a first for me but I wanted the Eason globe which I bought and having been looking for for a few decades......so I’m pleased and time well spent.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk