Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 - Sun Nov 26 2017 02:20 PM
Just was looking at a page this morning and saw that there would be no buyers premium if you attended the auction. I will probably be bashed here, but I remember going to another auction that had no premium. The prices were way high and the owners and auctioneer did well. People do not want to pay the high fees and do not care why those fees are there. Some will either not go or not bid as high because of it.
Hence the owners will not do as well. I hope all do well in this and maybe prove me right.
Posted By: PlainBroke Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 - Sun Nov 26 2017 03:33 PM
Always a great auction -

www.auctionzip.com/auction-catalog/Large-Advertising-Antique-Auction_O1SO5X92UH/
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 - Sun Nov 26 2017 08:07 PM
Last year I consigned a number of items and did good with most. Glenn does a great job promoting as he only comes out on the fees from the consigners.

As with his personal auctions in February, Glenn always has some great items to add to any collection.

As always, I am going for the Friday auction and will be in Tomah Thursday to look things over so if anyone needs an extra set of eyes on an item please text or call me.
Posted By: chevyll Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 - Mon Nov 27 2017 05:28 PM
Craig what fees are you talking about?
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 - Mon Nov 27 2017 08:26 PM
Not to put words in Craig's mouth, but I believe he is referring to the commission (fee) the auctioneer usually charges the winning bidder of an item. This can also be called the "buyer's premium" in some cases. Most auction companies are charging this buyer's commission to online bidders, telephone bidders, and in-person (at the auction site) bidders. Glenn Miller is not charging this add-on cost to any winning bidders who attend this auction in person. John
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 - Tue Nov 28 2017 03:52 AM
Buyers premium.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk