Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jolly-John IOWA GAS Auction on Wednesday Again - Wed Jul 05 2017 11:15 PM
I just received the Iowa Gas auction mailer from Rich Penn. I see the auction is being held at noon on Wednesday, August 2. Last year, the show operators closed down the inside vendors in the large exhibition room just before noon. This appeared to be an attempt to drive people (bidders) to the auction (at the expense of these vendors). I think if they could have "locked the doors to the parking lot", they would have done the same thing to the outside vendors.

Has anyone heard if the exhibition hall vending area will be closed during the auction again this year? I haven't seen anything about this in writing from the owners of Iowa Gas. Thanks.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: IOWA GAS Auction on Wednesday Again - Wed Jul 12 2017 05:52 PM
John from what I know is that the show starts Wednesday morning and goes thru Friday and no one is being shut down for the auction.

And after Rich and I had a discussion about his comment "that he want's the auction first to get the money before everyone spends it at the swap", I hope I find nothing that I have to have at his auction so we can enjoy the show. LOL Last year he bragged about how large the attendance was for his auction to which I had to laugh because most people were their because nothing else was supposed to start till after the auction!

I like Rich and his auctions but I just enjoyed the auctions on Friday morning because the show is pretty much over then...
Posted By: puregas Re: IOWA GAS Auction on Wednesday Again - Thu Jul 20 2017 10:09 PM
So have any inside vendors seen in their confirmation material whether the inside ballroom will be closed or not?
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: IOWA GAS Auction on Wednesday Again - Thu Jul 20 2017 11:15 PM
Just got my final registration materials. They state that the inside exhibition hall WILL BE OPEN during the auction. So, that's good news for both these inside vendors and swap meet buyers. John
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk