Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: puregas Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Mon Apr 03 2017 04:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone's changing their mind about going. Calling for 90% chance of rain on Thursday with a high of 49 and going down to 37 for Friday low. Friday looks decent but most vendors are gone by noon. Doesn't look good! I don't think forecast will change that much. Pat
Posted By: BryceG Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Mon Apr 03 2017 09:50 PM
Don't forget about the forecasted 40mph wind gusts!

But I don't predict the weather will be stopping any of the Dixie vendors from going, I'm sure it will be a great turnout regardless. I won't be there this year, cause it conflicts with the Chicago coin op show
Posted By: Dave Richey Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Mon Apr 03 2017 11:33 PM
I'm going.
Posted By: danlap99 Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Mon Apr 03 2017 11:52 PM
Myself and my son -Matt will be there early Thursday morning. Bringing RAIN coats
Posted By: puregas Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Tue Apr 04 2017 12:11 AM
Dan,
Don't forget the galoshes and a warm coat, lol!! Pat
Posted By: 60wayne Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Tue Apr 04 2017 01:35 AM
Have the trailer loaded with pumps and large signs. Rain won't hurt any of it.
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Tue Apr 04 2017 02:26 AM
I'll be there with my usual trailer load of pumps.

Tom.
Posted By: Jamison Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Tue Apr 04 2017 12:29 PM
I am bringing my dad along and this will be our first time. We are driving down early on Friday morning.

Question will there still be a lot for us to see or does most everyone pack up and leave by 12 on Friday and would it still be worth coming???
Posted By: puregas Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Tue Apr 04 2017 11:41 PM
Thursday is when it's happening. Question will be how the weather will affect the vendors. Many leave Thursday afternoon anyway. There will still be vendors there but by noon there won't be many left. On the other hand, Friday's weather looks good so vendors might stick around longer. No need to get there before 7:00-7:30 as Friday is a slow day. Pat
Posted By: Jamison Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Wed Apr 05 2017 12:52 AM
Looking forward to it!
Posted By: garyh Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Wed Apr 05 2017 05:35 AM
I will be there,Wonder how much Chip is charging per person this year?
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Wed Apr 05 2017 03:10 PM
We are coming loaded for bear. Tons of merch. Don't care about the weather and will probably stay till Saturday. I have something for everyone.
Posted By: essco Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Thu Apr 06 2017 03:55 PM
Well,anybody get wet,or stuck,or get the buy of a life time. Smokies probably look amazing
Posted By: puregas Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Fri Apr 07 2017 01:42 AM
By early afternoon the rows between the vendor rows were pretty sloppy. It would rain for 15 and stop for 15. Wind blowing, cold. Pretty steady rain from around 11:00 on. Looks like it's going to clear out tonight but be about 32 in the morning. Quite a few vendors said they weren't pulling everything out till in the morning. I believe vendor count was down as was the public. I believe tomorrow will be good. There were some good items bought and sold today but didn't see anything killer. Always hard to see everything though. Pat
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Sun Apr 09 2017 11:17 AM
Due to Charlotte Autofair moving their date, I was over there instead of at Dixie. I heard from one friend it started snowing mid-day Thursday in the area and little chance of putting anything out due to the wind.

On the other hand I saw several Dixie regulars besides myself who decided the Autofair was the better choice as we only had to bear through muck and wind Thursday/Friday. I hope Friday was better for you all but knowing how windy and gusty it was even Friday and the lack of reports here I can only think it wasn't much fun.

I didn't get the chance to go out on the Green Field over here until way late in the day so I know I missed out on some deals, but inside the track I did score a few good pieces. 7' Exxon sign in the ring, 4 piece Rexall w/gold background, and a highly patina'd Chevrolet sign were my 3 major scores.

Picks of those are posted on my FB page 'Pauls Picks'
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Sun Apr 09 2017 04:07 PM
I didn't go to Dixie but scored some deals through a friend. He scored some great signs there too. We went to the Autofair on Sat. It seemed much larger this year, especially outside the track. Still not a lot of Petro items for this large of a show. I scored one little item for myself and a killer Triple oval Lubester for a friend of mine.
Posted By: garyh Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Sun Apr 09 2017 05:07 PM
I think the weather did in the Dixie show, Not Enough vendors or spectators. Saw many vendors in their vehicles with the engine running. I was looking at some Tireflators on display and no vendor around, another guy was looking for the same vendor too. I hate that. The Spectator Admission was $4.00 per person. Have to wait til' Sept.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Mon Apr 10 2017 10:14 AM
Dixie Gas has always been one of my favorite shows. Chip and family pull out all the stops to make it fun. The weather does not always cooperate as happened last week. I know how unfortunate it is to try to speak to a vendor only to be unable to find him? Consider his side on the coin.....it is miserable, he is cold/wet etc. and trying to keep from catching pneumonia....not a good day for even a duck. Your attitude is right....see him in September. It is usually hot and dry at that time of year. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: Dixie Gas-Who's going? - Mon Apr 10 2017 02:56 PM
I was there and the weather didn't bother my sales. Had a great show. The rain did keep things from happening too much Thursday, but I sold really well in spite of it....
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk