Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: DIESEL W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Wed Mar 23 2011 08:57 PM
STATION/LIGHTER BONNET HAS A BRASS ID TAG,IT IS NOT A "WAYNE LIGHTER" SELLER FORGOT THE BRAND, IS $450. A FAIR PRICE TO PAY? LIGHTER ONLY /NOT THE PUMP!

Attached picture _1.jpg
Posted By: cggas Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Wed Mar 23 2011 11:08 PM
im no expert, but part of the stationlighter looks homemade...but i coud b wrong???chris
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Wed Mar 23 2011 11:18 PM
I would not pay 450 for that lighter. Save your money and buy the real deal.
Posted By: st.rod Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Wed Mar 23 2011 11:20 PM
If you want it, get it. There is no way its actually worth that kind of money. All you have is the bonnet and harp, value a hundred an something. The rest is cheesy, in my opinion

Larry
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Wed Mar 23 2011 11:55 PM
Made by REVERE.
They also offered one that went thru a metal Canteen Globe body w/ 2 light bulbs inside the body.
Posted By: Garage-A-GoGo Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Thu Mar 24 2011 01:29 AM
So... is it the complete real deal then?
Posted By: DIESEL Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Thu Mar 24 2011 02:55 AM
hey thanks a million fellas,im really glad i threw this out there now,my 1st thoughts were "BUY IT" its a deal!I checked the book & it did not look like the wayne version,so i called the seller & he told me it dose have a ID tag "BRASS"but it was not a wayne! anyways, I like it ,and its really the 1st time i have had a shot at one,so the comments have helped alot as far as what i offer on it!

So was this made specifically for w60 "BY REVERE" or would this have been attached to whatever the station owner put it on.....like a generic lighter for any ol pumps? maybe a cheaper lighting option? Would this be correct if i do get it,as far as the pump its on a "WAYNE 60",or is this supposed to be on another type of pump? thanks again fellas,have been tons of help on this one!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Thu Mar 24 2011 03:47 AM

Would be used where buyer wanted/needed the extra lighting.
Posted By: DIESEL Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Thu Mar 24 2011 04:05 AM
Thanks again for the info ,you guys have been ton's of help!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Thu Mar 24 2011 01:22 PM
...where the ring meets the conduit looks different in DB's pic, than on the pump photo...
Posted By: DIESEL Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Thu Mar 24 2011 01:40 PM
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...where the ring meets the conduit looks different in DB's pic, than on the pump photo...
I see what your saying ,it almost looks as if the conduit slides into a collar at the base of the ring,or threads into a collar "multi piece"????
Posted By: Steven C. Re: W-60 PUMP/STATION LIGHTER W/ BONNET - Sun Nov 19 2017 11:19 AM
I ran across this picture and when doing some research I ran across this old thread. Just a little confirmation that these type station lighters did exist.
Although, the connection between the pipe and the ring does look a little different from the OP's version.

Attached picture 1945 (2).jpg
Attached picture 1945 (3).jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk