Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Tim73 Old dx station sign - Tue Jan 18 2022 02:52 PM
Would never sell, this hung at my grandpas station in Mcleansboro il. Just curious what the value of a sign like this would be. It was amazing that I found it all these years later. Thanks for any info.

Attached picture Screenshot_2022-01-18-08-51-41.png
Posted By: advertologist Re: Old dx station sign - Tue Jan 18 2022 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tim73
this hung at my grandpas station in Mcleansboro il. Just curious what the value of a sign like this would be. .

that sign has sentimental value which you couldn't really put a value on too match that .. ... cool
Posted By: Tim73 Re: Old dx station sign - Tue Jan 18 2022 07:45 PM
You are correct about the sentimental value. The person that had the sign said he had been offered 700 for it which I thought was crazy. I tried to buy it to no avail but several months later he gave it to me to give to my mom. Since im new to this just didnt know if that type of sign had actual value.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Old dx station sign - Tue Jan 18 2022 11:21 PM
Should be priceless if my relatives owned it. Cant put a price on it.
Posted By: Tim73 Re: Old dx station sign - Wed Jan 19 2022 12:30 AM
Thanks. It is priceless to me. I just always wondered if a stranger had offered 700 for it or if the man that had it was trying to see how serious i was about it. He passed away about a year after i got it so i will never know.
Posted By: pigIRON63 Re: Old dx station sign - Wed Jan 19 2022 01:57 AM
That's an awesome sign, I like how it found its way back. I have a similar sign that came from a long gone grocery and service station. I have no real connection to it and I value it around $300. I also have the soda machine from my great grandfathers station, it is priceless.
Posted By: Tim73 Re: Old dx station sign - Wed Jan 19 2022 02:14 AM
Thanks. It really is amazing that it made its way back to the family. If he wouldve passed away before i tracked it down i doubt we would have ever known it was still in existance. My mom has his cash register and a few other cool things from the station that are priceless to us.
Posted By: Coupe Re: Old dx station sign - Wed Jan 19 2022 09:33 PM
Neat sign and story! Enjoy it.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk