Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: MJPAWN LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 08:33 PM
Hello all,
I am brand new to the site and am already glad I for it. I live in Florida and I am a Pawn Broker in Winter Haven. Occasionally, I come across some old gas-related collectibles and found this sigh this weekend. I have searched everywhere and can't really find anything at all about the sign or the company. It is 24" tall and 18" wide and seems to be in decent shape. What I'm looking for is maybe some history and maybe a value. Thanks in advance and I hope to become part of the community and maybe even help someone out one day (with my limited knowledge) but hope to learn from you guys and girls as I go. Thanks in advance for any help.... Mike

Attached picture IMG_7515.JPG
Posted By: Done4 Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 09:23 PM
Welcome to oldgas. I can’t help with info but if the sign is legit that is a cool one.
Posted By: MJPAWN Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 09:28 PM
By the way.... I have no intention of selling the sign. This is the second sign in my collection that somehow spoke to me (if that makes any sense) and it's not for sale. My son loves it and he will own it one day. I was reading below and saw where some people don't like to give estimates to new people or people selling the sign. I do sell stuff obviously but not this one just to let you all know. Mike
Posted By: Tankar Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 11:16 PM
HI Mike. I cant help on price never seen that one before
And any collector can relate to the sign speaking to you. Welcome to old gas
Posted By: advertologist Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Mon Mar 23 2020 11:29 PM
a little on white lily gasoline .. ... cool

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=133342
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Tue Mar 24 2020 12:20 AM
One on Worthpointe sold pretty much mint also ruler on eBay right now if you want to go after it .

Attached picture 477FB4B7-A875-46DF-B251-FE3D4A39847A.png
Posted By: coltex Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Tue Mar 24 2020 03:57 AM
FYI, something looks wrong with one of them. The second "L" in Lily does not match the one he posted on the thread. And the red is a different red color. This mint one might be suspect IMO.

Hey MJPAWN, is your double or single sided?
Posted By: MJPAWN Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Tue Mar 24 2020 01:19 PM
Thanks for the replies.... Coltex - It is single sided.

Attached picture IMG_7516.JPG
Posted By: minuteman Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Tue Mar 24 2020 02:06 PM
The mint one has been restored Clifton and if the second L was chipped off, likely they assumed the second L to be the same as the first L, which obviously was wrong, now
that you can see an original undamaged one.
with mounting holes all around the sign I would imagine its single sided.
Posted By: MJPAWN Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Tue Mar 24 2020 02:36 PM
Good eye coltex. I didn't notice that. I'm not sure about any of this but I never thought about mine maybe being a fake. I know you said the "mint" one looks suspect but I would imagine one of them is not original. The one I have seems to be right. It has the wear that I've come to expect on porcelain signs so if mine is wrong someone did a great job on it. The other one says restored. I wonder if it was so far gone that they guessed at the details on it. Either way, Thanks for the info.
Posted By: coltex Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Thu Mar 26 2020 02:45 AM
Thanks Kim. I didn't read the description, but I'm sure that is right. LOL
Posted By: mapper Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Wed Apr 01 2020 03:52 PM
Here's the blotter that I mentioned in the post some time ago. Note that the blotter is for White Lily, and not Lily White!

Attached picture White Lily.jpg
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Wed Apr 01 2020 04:18 PM
Just taking a look at the blotter post I noticed looking back that your sign appears to have a missing mounting hole in your pic on the left hand side ? Odd
Posted By: Speedracer Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Thu Apr 02 2020 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by mapper
Here's the blotter that I mentioned in the post some time ago. Note that the blotter is for White Lily, and not Lily White!
I know nothing about this company but just an observation to confirm what was mentioned up above....

I noticed on the ink blotter that the second β€˜L’ in Lily does not have the large serif (hook) where it is written in both the left and right yellow circles. smile

When the company was formed I wonder what came first... the Lily or the White πŸ“ πŸ₯š
Posted By: MJPAWN Re: LILY WHITE GASOLINE PORCELAIN SIGN - Fri Apr 10 2020 02:55 PM
It is missing that hole. Didn't notice that either. That is odd.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk