Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: PlainBroke Neon Service Clock - Tue Jan 14 2020 02:14 AM
Have a chance to buy this clock from an old timer that is going out of business - I know zip about value of old neon clocks so any help would be appreciated.

Obviously missing the neon and I'm sure the transformer will need replaced as well. The word "Service" at the bottom appears to be either painted or a decal, couldn't get close enough to tell for sure.

I think it would be pretty cool to string some neon on it and bring it back to life.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached picture IMG_3709 (3).JPG
Posted By: coltex Re: Neon Service Clock - Tue Jan 14 2020 04:26 AM
IMO gotta be worth 500-900 depending on the details (working, guts, etc.). The more that is there, the more it creeps up. Great lettering "Service".
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: Neon Service Clock - Tue Jan 14 2020 01:03 PM
Glo-Dial neon clock, hands and numbers will glow when inside neon is lit. looks like face and numbers an hands are in great shape. $1500
Posted By: Morgan Re: Neon Service Clock - Tue Jan 14 2020 10:35 PM
I just bought one for $400. New neon cost me another $40 (got a buddy in the business)
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Neon Service Clock - Tue Jan 14 2020 11:36 PM
Jump on it ! They don’t come up often complete but ready for you too make it your own . You have the opportunity to save that service on the bottom and treat the top to what you like . Here is my first and only . Was all there except for Glass which I got cut for $30 local glass company . Made it my own and love . Nothing like neon in the garage at night .

Attached File
Posted By: PlainBroke Re: Neon Service Clock - Wed Jan 15 2020 03:19 AM
Thanks guys for all of your excellent feedback. Based upon your info, I will go see the current owner tomorrow and see if we can make a deal. I'll follow up with some pictures if I bring it home.

Thanks again, much appreciated!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk