Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: ironheadtom Need help with value on this early visible pump - Tue Jul 09 2019 10:04 AM
I want to make a fair offer on this , I haven;t seen it in person yet. I don't even know where to start . I have no experience with visibles, I'm guessing it's an early Fry Mae West and with all the rust maybe 1600 on the high side. But I could be way off, and the mechanism on the outside is something I've never seen and can't find any reference to. Thanks , Tom

Attached picture pump.jpg
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Need help with value on this early visible pump - Tue Jul 09 2019 11:16 AM
It is pictured in Jack's new Gas Pump Bible on page 227 at left bottom. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
I don't have one. I've probably only had half a dozen pumps in my lifetime. I may go take a look at it anyway. Seemed like a real nice old guy on the phone and I have a feeling I'd enjoy talking with him .
So I hesitated on this one, finally decided to go get it and missed it by that much. Oh well, there's always next time. A couple of you pm'd me on this. Thank you for that.
Will be hard to find another, looks like all complete all cast very early.
Posted By: petropumps Re: Need help with value on this early visible pump - Tue Jul 09 2019 06:18 PM
Wow...too bad you missed it. Early, rare pump. $1600 would have been an absolute steal.
In the words of Homer Simpson .... Doh! Like I said earlier he was a really nice guy and he told me today he ended up getting a bit more for it so I'm happy for him.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk