Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: MtGoat What kind of Oil dispencer is this ??? - Fri Oct 26 2018 05:36 PM
What kind of oil pump is this and what would be a good value as is.....the guy wants $50 .... it has a couple dents, missing the fill cap etc.... i offered $30 he said hes firm at $50....

Attached picture Screenshot_20181026-102646.jpg
Attached File
20181026_102754.png  (49 downloads)
Posted By: MtGoat What kind of oil pump dispencer ??? - Fri Oct 26 2018 07:20 PM
Im looking at this small oil pump dispencer, and was wondering the info on it, type, years made etc.... does anyone have this kind ??? Any pictures rusty and dusty or rebuilt ????? I have 3 different sized lubesters , and ran across this little one that im thinking of getting.

Attached picture Screenshot_20181026-102646.jpg
Attached File
20181026_102754.png  (50 downloads)
Posted By: hawkike Re: What kind of Oil dispencer is this ??? - Fri Oct 26 2018 08:02 PM
Grease dispenser--value? what ever YOU are comfortable with..
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: What kind of oil pump dispencer ??? - Fri Oct 26 2018 08:53 PM
They were a gear grease dispenser. Usually bring from $25 to $40. I have seen a couple of restored ones that looked pretty nice, but for the most part, they aren't very desirable and tend to get passed by a lot.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: What kind of Oil dispencer is this ??? - Fri Oct 26 2018 08:55 PM
For adding or changing grease in rearends and manual tranny. Missing lid not a deal at 50 bucks.

Never noticed that anyone has dated them. My guess model A error. Probably look on Jack Sims web site sure he has info on them.

Posted By: MtGoat Re: What kind of oil pump dispencer ??? - Fri Oct 26 2018 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info....

When restoring lubesters or these gear greese dispencers , are they universal to restore under any gas company ??? Mobiloil, Texaco, Gulf etc.... ????
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: What kind of oil pump dispencer ??? - Sat Oct 27 2018 12:46 AM
I have never seen one of these grease dispensers with a decal on them. Keep in mind these units leaked and were usually covered with grease. To me, these fall in the category with people that restore a trash can and put a Texaco decal on it, looks great, but dough fall it was originally that way.

This type of dispenser was first introduced by the Bennett Pump Company in the mid 1920s. It was in production for over 35 years. Other companies copied these so it is difficult to determine who made it. Is there a small tag on it with a Model Number?

Jack Sim
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: What kind of oil pump dispencer ??? - Sat Oct 27 2018 03:56 AM
I agree that most of these did not have decals but some did. I have seen some including one a friend has with an original Signal decal on it. These two yellow ones had no decals when I got them. I added original decals and think they look good. The red one is also mine. I will get a better picture later, this one was cropped from a larger picture. The decal on it is very weathered but I think it is Texaco.

Attached picture 100_7282.JPG
Attached picture 100_9369 - Copy.JPG
Posted By: MtGoat Re: What kind of oil pump dispencer ??? - Sun Oct 28 2018 03:05 AM
Thanks for all your input
Posted By: advertologist Re: What kind of oil pump dispencer ??? - Sun Oct 28 2018 04:09 AM
orig. hancock grease dispenser .. ... cool

Attached picture 1hanlub.PNG
Attached picture 1hanlub2.PNG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk