Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Awd Power lube sign - Thu Oct 04 2018 04:51 PM
I have a power lube sign that I'm wondering on the current value of as I'm adding a few signs to my insurance policy and wanted the help of the experts to have a fair market .

Attached picture IMG_20180930_141814900.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20181002_162008046.jpg
Posted By: Stu K. Re: Power lube sign - Thu Oct 04 2018 09:02 PM
I usually keep my opinions to myself, but, this sign does not look right at all. I hope others will chime in. (Yes, I have an original).
Posted By: Done4 Re: Power lube sign - Thu Oct 04 2018 09:40 PM
Wow, just looked at mine and I think your right! Sorry AWD, I think Stu is correct.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Power lube sign - Thu Oct 04 2018 10:22 PM
here is a photo of:

too compare with .. ... cool

Attached picture therealmccoy (1).jpg
Attached File
1pwrlubsn.PNG  (223 downloads)
Posted By: advertologist Re: Power lube sign - Thu Oct 04 2018 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Stu K.
I usually keep my opinions to myself, but, this sign does not look right at all. I hope others will chime in. (Yes, I have an original).

Originally Posted by Done4
Wow, just looked at mine and I think your right! Sorry AWD, I think Stu is correct.

after comparing photos I agree with the 2 above opinions .. ... cool
Posted By: Awd Re: Power lube sign - Thu Oct 04 2018 10:36 PM

advertologist your sign appears to be the one made by Wolverine with more detail ...I was under the impression that this sign was a Nesco but I'm not expert by any means
Posted By: petropumps Re: Power lube sign - Thu Oct 04 2018 10:57 PM
I disagree. I've seen both versions and own one like yours that I know for sure is original. Do a search of completed auctions as well...you see quite a few of both versions. One identical to yours is coming up in the next Morphy's. Usually down in the bottom right where the white oval area is there's a company stamp...mine still has the original stamp both sides.
Posted By: BryceG Re: Power lube sign - Fri Oct 05 2018 03:33 PM
Sign is the real mccoy, just a different version. Worth about $2k due to the damage in the field on the reverse side.
Posted By: Awd Re: Power lube sign - Fri Oct 05 2018 06:55 PM
Thank you Bryce for your help
Posted By: No Longer A Member Re: Power lube sign - Fri Oct 05 2018 07:51 PM
Wow! If people think that’s fake were in trouble. I always love the ones who think things are fake but give no opinions as to why.
Posted By: Stu K. Re: Power lube sign - Sat Oct 06 2018 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by SeinfeldKramer
Wow! If people think that’s fake were in trouble. I always love the ones who think things are fake but give no opinions as to why.

So where was YOUR opinion as to why this is real?
Posted By: Tankar Re: Power lube sign - Sat Oct 06 2018 03:11 PM
I have had a few of these. the blue is right, grommets are right only thing left is weight and it looks good to me.
Posted By: No Longer A Member Re: Power lube sign - Sun Oct 07 2018 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by Stu K.
Originally Posted by SeinfeldKramer

So where was YOUR opinion as to why this is real?

I own this version. It’s made by Nesco. There’s 2 versions of this sign, the other version has white trim around the yellow lettering as this one does not. As Tankar pointed out already the colors are right and the grommets are right. There’s a difference when someone says something is real and not providing proof as to why it is, versus someone saying something is fake when they don’t even no. This site is here for a reference for collectors and future collectors for years to come. If you have people saying things are fake all the time, it will discourage people from buying signs and make the values go down.
Posted By: ALSS72 Re: Power lube sign - Sun Oct 07 2018 11:54 AM
I have one as well,looks correct to me.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk