Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Tankar Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Tue Jul 24 2018 12:31 AM
I am bringing a red ripple to Iowa Gas Show. wondering what these bring only one I have ever had. Has a seam on top going front to back so I am guessing reproduction. Thanks
Posted By: advertologist Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Tue Jul 24 2018 01:04 AM
I have 2 of the reds like yours, haven't seen any of these
being offered for sale as it may have been a limited run? .. ... cool
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Tue Jul 24 2018 01:37 AM
Did the reproduction ripple bodies that Cheese in Michigan produced some time ago have this seam? Just wondering, if these bodies could be from him. John
Posted By: advertologist Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Tue Jul 24 2018 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by Jolly-John
Did the reproduction ripple bodies that Cheese in Michigan produced some time ago have this seam? Just wondering, if these bodies could be from him. John

Originally Posted by Tankar
Has a seam on top going front to back so I am guessing reproduction. Thanks

John (Tankar) - that is who I bought mine from, don't understand where your description of where seam is?
mine have a seam going around diameter of body .. ... cool
Posted By: Tankar Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Tue Jul 24 2018 10:22 AM
I will take a pic. tonight and post seam.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Tue Jul 24 2018 11:24 PM
Hard to get a good picture. there looks like a seam or line going around body and there is a seam at the top front to back.

Attached picture 003.JPG
Posted By: advertologist Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Wed Jul 25 2018 01:50 AM
upon closer examination I can now see the seam from front too back,
ripple bodies must of came from the same source .. ... cool

Attached picture IMG_3214[1].JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Wed Jul 25 2018 01:53 AM
Thanks Randy
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Wed Jul 25 2018 01:34 PM
The reproductions have the seam across the top and the ripples on the top of the globe are less pronounced where on the originals theyre uniform all over. I was also told there was a company in Tulsa that made reproductions at one time. Not sure on the value of the repos but my guess is in the 500-700 range.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Wed Jul 25 2018 03:57 PM
ok Thanks
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Wed Jul 25 2018 05:56 PM
I was thinking the last repro I saw for sale was $500, so Derbygasman's assessment sounds about right IMO......last I was aware no one was doing any ripple repros, so these have retained a decent value as reproductions.
Darin
Posted By: Tankar Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Wed Jul 25 2018 11:32 PM
Thanks Darin
Posted By: BryceG Re: Red Ripple Globe Body Reproduction - Thu Jul 26 2018 12:51 PM
have bought and sold several of the repro ripples over the past couple years. they sell for $500. generally when they are priced over that, they do not sell.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk