Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Alex Values of Wayne 70s and Bennet 76 Restored - Fri Oct 20 2017 05:58 PM
Good afternoon from Butte. It's snowing here. I am working on getting some insurance for my oil and gas collection. Need some expert opinions/advice. What do you think is a "fair" retail value for these three pumps (separately) without the globes? Thanks. Alex

Attached picture Texaco Gas Pump Bennet 76.JPG
Attached picture Texaco Gas Pump Wayne 70.jpg  50 KB.jpg
Posted By: Done4 Re: Values of Wayne 70s and Bennet 76 Restored - Sun Oct 22 2017 02:50 PM
Alex, are the pump plates and ad glass original?
Posted By: petropumps Re: Values of Wayne 70s and Bennet 76 Restored - Sun Oct 22 2017 04:49 PM
For insurance purposes I’d say 5k for the Bennett and 4K/pc for the 70s.

Where did you get that killer Texaco Ethyl decal?? I need a couple of those!
Posted By: Alex Re: Values of Wayne 70s and Bennet 76 Restored - Mon Oct 23 2017 01:49 AM
The ad glas on the red Wayne 70 are original and 2 of the Sky Chief are. pump plates are original and the lead signs. I only put one pump plate on each pump. Globes are original, the ethyl has only one lens.
The decal on the Bennet is actually a magnetic sign I had custom made by....geez, now I can’t remember. I will have to think about that. I will post a picture of the magnetic sign. The lead sign is magnetic too.
Posted By: Alex Re: Values of Wayne 70s and Bennet 76 Restored - Mon Oct 23 2017 01:33 PM
Here is the "decal". I wanted an original looking decal and couldn't find one. Texaco didn't make a porcelain pump plate for this.
I am thinking it was Ron Scobie???? (I can't remember) that made it for me. I sent him some pics and he created it. I had seen this done when a friend had some of the porcelain signs recreated for his A-1 National. He even had the screws pictured on it. From a distance of about 3 feet, I couldn't tell until he reached over and peeled the magnetic strip off.

Attached picture Texaco Gas Pump Bennet Ethyl  Plate Magnet.jpg
Attached picture Texaco Gas Pump Bennet Leaded Magnet.jpg
Posted By: petropumps Re: Values of Wayne 70s and Bennet 76 Restored - Mon Oct 23 2017 05:10 PM
That’s awesome...thanks for the quality pic.
Posted By: Alex Re: Values of Wayne 70s and Bennet 76 Restored - Sun Nov 12 2017 06:43 PM
It finally came to me...T-Way Graphics made the “decals”for me. Just give me 10-20 days and I will remember. LOL
Posted By: old dog Re: Values of Wayne 70s and Bennet 76 Restored - Mon Nov 27 2017 02:56 AM
Hi Alex, It snowed here too, the lake was froze, but it isn't anymore. It is always nice to look at your TEXACO stuff. If you put them a bit closer together, you could get more of 'em in the room. LOL. ( Don't tell the boss I said that )
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Values of Wayne 70s and Bennet 76 Restored - Tue Nov 28 2017 02:32 AM
Really like that Texaco oil rack ! Nice looking display .
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk