Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Watchtower Red Indian in bad shape, repainted in places. - Thu Oct 05 2017 04:39 PM
Hi everyone

I'm wondering what the value of this beat up Red Indian would be. Seller says it's been repainted at some point around the edges and touched up here and there. I know it's beat but it's also got charm. What is the full bore value of this sign do you think?

Posted By: Alex Re: Red Indian in bad shape, repainted in places. - Thu Oct 05 2017 07:50 PM
Hi. Not trying to hi-jack your thread. But, some time back some one was discussing "straightening" out signs by placing them between two sheets of plywood and slowly driving their truck onto the plywood. Maybe I dreamt that..LOL Sine Red Indian stuff is expensive, I would think there would be a buyer for that.
Posted By: wayno48 Re: Red Indian in bad shape, repainted in places. - Thu Oct 05 2017 09:34 PM
I would think porcelain would crack if weight was applied without some heat?
Posted By: cggas Re: Red Indian in bad shape, repainted in places. - Fri Oct 06 2017 01:27 AM
Yep that was discussed on here, worked very well for the guy. Chris
Posted By: Watchtower Re: Red Indian in bad shape, repainted in places. - Fri Oct 06 2017 05:12 AM
Thanks for the replies fella's

Any idea on Value at all? Obviously I won't hold you to it and it's hard to tell from just one picture but assuming the sign is real and assuming 1 picture could possibly be good enough to determine value- what ballpark price should I be offering for this sign?

Thanks a ton

Posted By: Alex Re: Red Indian in bad shape, repainted in places. - Sun Oct 08 2017 05:52 PM
What is he asking?
Posted By: Watchtower Re: Red Indian in bad shape, repainted in places. - Mon Oct 09 2017 06:42 AM
$2000 thereabouts.
Posted By: redindianguy Re: Red Indian in bad shape, repainted in places. - Mon Oct 09 2017 12:52 PM
that's in the ball park
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk