Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Skidder Need Help Pricing 6Ft Pure oil sign - Tue Sep 05 2017 03:50 PM
I found a guy in Tennessee that has a 6 foot Pure oil sign with post and mounting ring. The post and ring will both need to be sandblasted and painted too look nice. The sign itself has a couple small holes and a dozen or so rust spots were someone has used it for target practice, looking on line I would guess the sign to be about a 5 in condition. The guy is asking $3200 for the sign and post. I don't know if this is a fair price or not?

The other question I have; how rare are pure oil sighs?

Thanks for any help
Posted By: essco Re: Need Help Pricing 6Ft Pure oil sign - Tue Sep 05 2017 04:18 PM
2000 to 4000 seams the going rate for pole signs,but without pictures its hard to give opinion, really depends if you want it now ,or try finding something later,i overpay regularly, but my time is worth more than money,
Posted By: Skidder Re: Need Help Pricing 6Ft Pure oil sign - Wed Sep 06 2017 09:26 PM
I understand the time issue, but money is also a concern to me
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Need Help Pricing 6Ft Pure oil sign - Wed Sep 06 2017 10:30 PM
I sold a pole, and 6' Pure Oil sign in the ring just missing the support wings last year for 2 grand. the sign was a 7.5 to 8 displaying nice with some crazing on the porcelain.
Posted By: essco Re: Need Help Pricing 6Ft Pure oil sign - Thu Sep 07 2017 12:11 AM
There was some pure style poles on fb 1300 each or so,
Posted By: Skidder Re: Need Help Pricing 6Ft Pure oil sign - Mon Sep 11 2017 08:43 PM
That sounded like a good deal...Where was you when I was looking????
Posted By: Skidder Re: Need Help Pricing 6Ft Pure oil sign - Mon Sep 11 2017 08:45 PM
I seen those....But I would still need a sign...I do have a pole just no ring or sign....I guess I put the cart before the horse
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk