Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: old dog TEXACO Sign - Sun Jun 11 2017 03:24 AM
I don't know signs. I might put these on a pump or maybe just hang 'em up. I curious of their value, for insurance reasons. Only a little scratch on one. Date is 3-40

Attached picture 100_1267.JPG
Attached picture DSCF0534.JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: TEXACO Sign - Sun Jun 11 2017 03:11 PM
125 to 200 very common sign but a cool sign. Good start to your collecting.
Posted By: huskybob Re: TEXACO Sign - Sun Jun 11 2017 03:38 PM
You've already got the pump they came on....... if it's in pretty good condition you could just leave them on it.
Any chance you could show us a picture of the pump with the signs on it?
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: TEXACO Sign - Sun Jun 11 2017 04:15 PM
Mike Well that is all it takes then you are in trouble from here. Now more signs will come and a bigger building est. Its cool to find the pumps with the sign still on them. I would like to see the pump also if you don't mind sharing?
Posted By: Alex Re: TEXACO Sign - Sun Jun 11 2017 04:56 PM
Mike: most collectors don't care e about the dates of Texaco pump plates. In my opinion the 1940 plates are special as I think that is the first time they started the fire chief porcelain plates. I may be wrong, but think they were mostly decal prior to that. On the original pump they stated wit...I think that makes it more special. Others may chime in to correct my history.. LOL
Posted By: old dog Re: TEXACO Sign - Wed Jun 14 2017 02:42 AM
Signs and the pump they were on.

Attached picture DSCF0530.JPG
Posted By: Done4 Re: TEXACO Sign - Wed Jun 14 2017 04:08 PM
I think it looks better on the pump then it would look on a wall even though it's a very nice pump plate in great condition.
Posted By: huskybob Re: TEXACO Sign - Wed Jun 14 2017 04:43 PM
Originally Posted By Done4
I think it looks better on the pump then it would look on a wall even though it's a very nice pump plate in great condition.

X2
Posted By: advertologist Re: TEXACO Sign - Wed Jun 14 2017 06:55 PM
Originally Posted By huskybob

X2

ditto .. ... cool
Posted By: Alex Re: TEXACO Sign - Thu Jun 15 2017 09:27 PM
Originally Posted By advertologist
Originally Posted By huskybob

X2

ditto .. ... cool

I told him to leave it as it is. Clean it up and display. Also told if he restored it in any other color than Texaco, I would drive up and kick him. And I like Olddog....
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk