Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Speedracer Alemite Grease Dispenser ? - Mon Jun 05 2017 05:12 PM
Hi all,

My friend just got two of these Alemite grease dispensers (at least, that's what I think they are). They are cool art deco, I assume from the 50's. I can't find anything on Old Gas or on Google about them. I don't even see any pics on Google images.

He was wondering what they are worth. I told him the fine folks on a website I am always on might know! If anyone has an idea what they are worth, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

Attached picture alemite[1].jpg
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? - Sun Jun 11 2017 04:11 AM
BTT. Anyone have any ideas of value?

Thanks for any help,
Steve
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? - Sun Jun 18 2017 10:50 PM
Those are a hard sell, although it has a cool look I've never seen much of a demand. I've seen them priced at $250 but I'm guessing around $100 is closer to a point that actually sells....just my opinion.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? - Tue Jun 20 2017 02:45 AM
Thanks Tom. I will pass that info along to him. I don't know what he's going to do with them. He likes restoring stuff, so we'll see.
Thanks again, see you in Columbus,
Steve
Posted By: TheHorse13 Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? - Tue Jul 04 2017 12:09 AM
That Alemite logo is from the 1940s. There is a guy who runs a website dedicated to their workbenches and other equipment. All of the 1940s workbenches have that round logo.

I've seen several later versions of the grease pumps on Craigslist. They have sat for months priced at 200 each.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? - Tue Jul 04 2017 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info Sonny. I will pass this along to my buddy. I appreciate your response.
Posted By: alemite Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? - Sat Aug 19 2017 02:44 AM
1945-47 High Pressure Lubricator.

Ad is from late 1945.
The Round flyingA logo seemed to only be in use on the dispensers from 45 to early 47.
I am with the gentlemen above, with the worth being from $100-150 per piece, to a collector.
Posted By: alemite Re: Alemite Grease Dispenser ? - Mon Dec 25 2017 10:52 PM
Correction; I recently found one of these Lubricators in a 1942 Alemite catalog. So that would make it 1942-47
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk