Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: bigandtall Texaco MARFAK grease gun stand - Thu Jun 01 2017 08:54 PM
Anyone know the history, authenticity, or value of this?

Attached picture V__AF62 1.jpg
Attached picture V__347D.jpg
Posted By: bigandtall Re: Texaco MARFAK grease gun stand - Fri Jun 02 2017 03:03 AM
After looking at my own pictures a while, my initial opinion is that the actual sign is a fake based on the lack of the usual detail around the X and A and the lack of REG. TM.
Posted By: ironheadtom Re: Texaco MARFAK grease gun stand - Fri Jun 02 2017 01:06 PM
I'm no expert, but my immediate thought was that the sign wasn't weathered enough. The stand is really cool, though
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Texaco MARFAK grease gun stand - Fri Jun 02 2017 04:04 PM
I'm not a Texaco collector, but my first impression when seeing that sign was reproduction......
Darin
Posted By: bigandtall Re: Texaco MARFAK grease gun stand - Mon Jun 05 2017 12:48 AM
...in this thread:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=687769#Post687769

Thanks.
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Texaco MARFAK grease gun stand - Mon Jun 05 2017 03:23 PM
...that rack would have had an Aro Lubrication sign...

http://antiquehelper.rfcsystems.com/Full/783/52783.jpg
Posted By: bigandtall Re: Texaco MARFAK grease gun stand - Mon Jun 05 2017 11:12 PM
Well, I don't know what it's worth. A guy was selling it for $450 and when I said no the price immediately dropped to $350. I still turned that down. Then the guy got mad at me for not buying it. Never sad I would buy it, so the whole situation was strange.
Posted By: Alex Re: Texaco MARFAK grease gun stand - Thu Jun 08 2017 09:46 PM
I have not seen one like that in Texaco. But here is one I have. I saw a Texaco grease gun on ebay a while back and forgot to bid on it....

Attached picture IMG_8420.jpg
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: Texaco MARFAK grease gun stand - Fri Jun 09 2017 11:44 AM
I have also have one of the OP rack. Mine has the ARO but also a worn Gulf decal on the left of the sign.

I'll try to get a picture of it later.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk