Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: shawnmid 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Thu Apr 20 2017 09:17 PM
Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I have been doing a bit of research on this sign but I have not come up with much in the way of values. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! smile Thank you.

Shawn

Welcome. I guess that by milkglass you are referring to the neon tubes? Otherwise, your sign appears to be porcelain on a mounting can, which holds the transformer? If I am missing something, please let me know? Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: BryceG Re: 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Thu Apr 20 2017 11:44 PM
letters are milkglass

rare sign, quite desirable. they did repop these signs and did a darn good job on them... so, IMO, that has hurt them a little bit.

as long as its 100% legit, its a high dollar sign... I couldnt tell you exactly, but its a good one
Posted By: Gassman Re: 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Thu Apr 20 2017 11:55 PM
Place it on ebay with a high reserve. It won't cost you anything. You just might want to sell it if it gets crazy. Ralph White would be a good source for value or consign to Mecum in Kansas City.
Nice sign, the milk glass letters make it very desirable and rare. In my opinion, repops never hurt the value of good original stuff that you can easily verify as original. The guy buying this won't be influenced by that. The person buying this would be an established and experienced collector.
Too bad it wasn't a complete sign...that would really push the money on this. You have to keep in mind that it's one half of a sign and more then likely mounted on a newer can.
If you can afford to keep it...it's the kind of sign you want to keep. It's economy and recession proof and will always be a quick sell.
Thanks for enlightening me. I can not make out the milk glass letters? It just looks like porcelain? My old eyes are failing me! LOL! Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Originally Posted By gasmansgp
Thanks for enlightening me. I can not make out the milk glass letters? It just looks like porcelain? My old eyes are failing me! LOL! Paul www.severngaspumps.com

...the yellow 'SUPER' & 'SERVICE' letters are flat glass, installed behind the porcelain face...
Posted By: chevyll Re: 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Sat Apr 22 2017 04:42 AM
it does cost money to put a reserve on your items on Ebay
Posted By: chevyll Re: 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Sat Apr 22 2017 04:45 AM
That one is definatly an original with the old neon porcelain fixtures. 10 to 15K
The Chevrolet should be Milk Glass also. Try Ron on here for good Chevrolet pricing of Neons.
Posted By: shawnmid Re: 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Mon Apr 24 2017 12:08 AM
You guys are awesome! What's the possibility of getting around 17k for it?
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Mon Apr 24 2017 10:02 AM
Originally Posted By shawnmid

nothing more needs to be said!!
So now it seems the question should be asked, Do you own it or are you looking to buy it from someone else and then trying to sell it ?
Originally Posted By shawnmid

Well, he's sure not a collector, or he would never have asked that question!
Posted By: huskybob Re: 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Mon Apr 24 2017 06:32 PM
Originally Posted By Craig Osbeck
So now it seems the question should be asked, Do you own it or are you looking to buy it from someone else and then trying to sell it ?

I think a post like this should have been the first one after his initial question.
Posted By: Done4 Re: 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Mon Apr 24 2017 08:56 PM
Joined April 20th 2017, April 24th 2017 busted.
Posted By: Tunk-Z28 Re: 40 inch "milk glass" Chevrolet neon Super Service - Mon Apr 24 2017 09:22 PM
Coming soon to an EBAY near you!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk