Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: David H. Standard Oil of Indiana station price sign - Sun Apr 16 2017 11:45 PM
Guys I have an old printed sign, paper on heavy fiberboard, with plastic taped around it. It's 28" wide x 44" tall and appears to be dated 1918 or 1919. I would sure appreciate some views on what it's worth. Thanks, David

Description: front
Attached picture DSCN6067.JPG

Description: back
Attached picture DSCN6059.JPG
Posted By: David H. Re: Standard Oil of Indiana station price sign - Wed Apr 19 2017 08:09 PM
Guys, gimme a break and post something for me, even if you think it's just a throwaway.
Posted By: cggas Re: Standard Oil of Indiana station price sign - Wed Apr 19 2017 11:45 PM
I wouldnt throw it out, just hang it up & enjoy it. Minimal collector value. Chris
Posted By: David H. Re: Standard Oil of Indiana station price sign - Thu Apr 20 2017 12:28 AM
Thanks a bunch Chris, that's what I'm trying to find out. Lemme hear a few more.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Standard Oil of Indiana station price sign - Thu Apr 20 2017 12:43 AM
Large and very plain, equates to minimal value even though it's old. Like Chris says, hang it up and enjoy it if that's your pleasure.
It's all worth saving as pieces of petro history, even if it isn't worth much.
Darin
Posted By: thebmwjunkie Re: Standard Oil of Indiana station price sign - Thu Apr 20 2017 08:51 PM
As others have mentioned, due to the condition and the "blandness" of the lettering, I don't see it selling for much. I'm no expert, but I'd say under $50 for sure
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk