Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: climb-101 help with wayne pump and gargoyle mobileoil sign - Tue Apr 11 2017 04:14 PM
Im looking for a little help determining the value for this pump and sign. I think the pump is a wayne 70 but i dont know much about them. The globe is a reproduction and the guy wants to keep it. Its also missing the hose and the handle for the pump.

the sign is the gargoyle mobileoil. I tryed looking it up but didnt find any the were the same with the red stripes across it. its double sided and the the guy has 4 of them in different conditions. One is in a frame that would sit on a sidewalk out in front of a garage/gas station. Thanks for any help.

Attached picture pump 1.jpg
Attached picture pump 2.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0674.jpg
Attached picture pump 3.jpg
Posted By: climb-101 Re: help with wayne pump and gargoyle mobileoil sign - Wed Apr 12 2017 04:04 AM
i have found out some info on the pump. but nothing on the sign yet. someone around here has to have some idea on what the sign might be worth
Posted By: minuteman Re: help with wayne pump and gargoyle mobileoil sign - Wed Apr 12 2017 05:58 PM
the sign has been restored and all touched up. pay what you want, its not big money.
what did you find out on the pump?
does it have a back side, whats the guy asking?
never hurts to give up the info you do know before asking for more.
Posted By: climb-101 Re: help with wayne pump and gargoyle mobileoil sign - Wed Apr 12 2017 06:34 PM
i don't think it has been restored/touched up. He has a few others also and the price was depending on condition. any ware from $350 up to $1200 for a sign that was in great shape and still on the frame that use to sit out on the sidewalk. they are all double sided.

The pump is a wane 70 pump, the ones i have seen in unrestored condition are around $700-$1000 and around $3000 restored.

he has a few other old signs i may try to get also that are bigger in size. there is a "chevy super service" sign on a hanger for the side of a building i thin that is about a 5' circle but i think that one has been touched up. the other is a large "pepsi" sign that is about 9'-10' square. Its a yellow sign with the red/white/blue bottle cap.
Posted By: JimT Re: help with wayne pump and gargoyle mobileoil sign - Thu Apr 13 2017 12:25 AM
What Kim Means I think is what is the guy asking?
Posted By: climb-101 Re: help with wayne pump and gargoyle mobileoil sign - Mon Apr 17 2017 08:35 PM
after talking to the guy i ended up getting the pump for under $500, i go to pick it middle of the month some time.
Posted By: minuteman Re: help with wayne pump and gargoyle mobileoil sign - Tue Apr 18 2017 02:14 AM
chuck was nice to you.
Posted By: climb-101 Re: help with wayne pump and gargoyle mobileoil sign - Tue Apr 18 2017 06:52 PM
Yes he was, you must know him. He seems like a good guy. Knows a ton of info on that type of stuff.
Posted By: cggas Re: help with wayne pump and gargoyle mobileoil sign - Wed Apr 19 2017 12:14 AM
You stole that pump!! Lol
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk