Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Derbygasman Mobil Pegasus - Sun Apr 02 2017 04:20 PM
I was lucky enough to find this Pegasus here in Wichita on Friday. I have been told by two individuals that it is original but I wanted to get that verified by the Mobil collectors on here since I'm not a Mobil expert. I have always liked the Pegasus signs(who doesn't) so glad to have one in my collection. Besides verifying if its real I would also like to know current market value for insurance purposes. I have no plans to sell it. The size is 36" from nose to wing and 35" from wing to back hoof. I have looked at past ebay auctions and also searched on here and could only find a post from 2010. Thank you in advance.

Attached picture peggy4-1-17.jpg
Attached picture Peggy Back 4-1-17.jpg
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Mobil Pegasus - Fri Apr 07 2017 10:28 PM
I looked through a few of the resent Morphys auctions and didn't see this size of Pegasus. I have been told that $2,000-3,000 is a reasonable value on this size. I would appreciate some input from the Mobil experts. I know the members on Oldgas get tired of giving values and then the item shows up for sale on eBay or Craigslist. That is not the case on this sign. Thanks for your input.

Marshall
Posted By: hawkike Re: Mobil Pegasus - Fri Apr 07 2017 10:46 PM
All about condition,probably in the ball park.I gave this one to my son and think it is in the $5000.00 range.My opinion only.Same size as yours.

Attached picture redhorsefrank.jpg
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Mobil Pegasus - Fri Apr 07 2017 11:29 PM
Wow that's a beauty Frank. Thank you for your opinion.
Posted By: hawkike Re: Mobil Pegasus - Sat Apr 08 2017 03:12 PM
As Randy would say--yours is "The Real Mccoy",brackets are the real deal. smile
Posted By: chevy3535 Re: Mobil Pegasus - Mon Apr 10 2017 01:11 AM
Awesome sign Marshall! Glad that you got it!
Posted By: Derbygasman Re: Mobil Pegasus - Mon Apr 10 2017 11:50 AM
Thanks Brandon.
Posted By: nam5072 Re: Mobil Pegasus - Sat Apr 15 2017 12:26 AM
One sold by me for $400..and i missed it 😑
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk