Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: LOWright Simplex Service Motors and Brakes Porcelain Sign - Thu Mar 16 2017 10:09 AM
I don't ask for values much but theres not much out there on his one, single sided and about 4' wide.... I found one that was at auction with a very high estimate but can't find action results. Thanks, Owen

Aslo dated in the 30's and heavy shelving...

Attached picture Simplex Sign.jpg
Posted By: LOWright Re: Simplex Service Motors and Brakes Porcelain Sign - Thu Mar 16 2017 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Motorcycle, i think the date is to late for cars....Here's a motorcycle logo i found....

Attached picture Simplex Motorcycle logo.jpg
Simplex were built in New Orleans. Company was formed in 1920 but first motorcycle wasn't built to 1935 and produced till 1960. Also sold by western auto under the wizard brand. Sorry I'm no help with value.
Posted By: LOWright Re: Simplex Service Motors and Brakes Porcelain Sign - Fri Mar 17 2017 11:53 AM
Thanks Loyd for the info!
Posted By: essco Re: Simplex Service Motors and Brakes Porcelain Sign - Fri Mar 17 2017 02:39 PM
We sold one at hershey for 1500 a few years back,we thought motor cycle too,yours is only other one I've seen,
Don't think it's Simplex motorcycle. Why would they highlight brakes?
Originally Posted By MetroPetro
Don't think it's Simplex motorcycle. Why would they highlight brakes?

Simplex was a bicycle with brakes and a motor. Pretty well covers it.
Most important when Owen said 30s well it needs to be late 30s to be motorcyle,I would think.
Simplex cycles also had seats, axles, headlights, handlebars, etc- no mention of them on sign.

There were many products/companies in various categories over the years called Simplex.

Still don't think sign pictured in first post is related to Simplex/Servicycle out of LA.
Posted By: LOWright Re: Simplex Service Motors and Brakes Porcelain Sign - Sat Mar 18 2017 03:34 PM
1907 ad..Simplex Motorcycles. Must be more then one Simplex Motorcycle...

Attached picture Simplex Motorcycle ad.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk