Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Someone Annoying You? - Sat Jan 22 2011 02:24 AM
Have you have found that another member's posts are annoying you and detracting from your experience here on Shop Talk?

There is an option that allows you to block the post message of members you choose to ignore.

* Click on the annoying member's name in a topic and select "View Profile"
* In the center of the Profile page, click on "Ignore this user"

That's it. Future posts by that user will be blank except for a link to view that single post.

If you feel that the member is violating the Membership Guidelines, let a moderator know about it.
Please click on the "Flag" icon on the top right corner of the post. That will take you to a quick form to notify a moderator of the problem.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture ShoptalkIcons.jpg
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sat Jan 22 2011 10:58 AM
Hey, great idea Jim,,,,, well done
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sat Jan 22 2011 11:23 AM
SO WAIT...I'M TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THAT IF SOMEBODY BLOCKS ME AND I START THE BOTW THREAD, THE THREAD WILL BE THERE, BUT MY OPENING POST WITH THE BANNER WON'T SHOW UP ON THEIR END BECAUSE THEY BLOCKED ME?
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sat Jan 22 2011 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
SO WAIT...I'M TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THAT IF SOMEBODY BLOCKS ME AND I START THE BOTW THREAD, THE THREAD WILL BE THERE, BUT MY OPENING POST WITH THE BANNER WON'T SHOW UP ON THEIR END BECAUSE THEY BLOCKED ME?

I'll let you know Sunday, smile wink wink
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sat Jan 22 2011 03:01 PM
That is pretty much the way it is, Doc. Any member who blocks you will not see the words or pictures you post. The topic will still be there and your post will be an empty box with a link for a temporary unblock of just that post.
Posted By: Vermonter Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sun Jan 23 2011 09:45 PM
If guys who love Petroliana can't get along on a *stupid ( no offense Jim) website without blocking posts, how in the *heck can we expect the *idiots who run this country to get along and get something done? Grow up, this is silly high school stuff. If you don't like someone, skip over their post. I have edited a lot of swear words I wanted to use to make my point. Use your imagination...or just skip my post.
John
Posted By: TUCKER48 Re: Someone Annoying You? - Mon Jan 24 2011 03:25 PM
What an incredible idea!!!! Thank you Jim. It really works!
Posted By: BLange Re: Someone Annoying You? - Thu Feb 10 2011 08:42 PM
coolI'm going to start with all the Mods..... grin grin

BL
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Someone Annoying You? - Fri Feb 11 2011 01:29 PM
Originally Posted By: BLange
coolI'm going to start with all the Mods..... grin grin

BL

Thats all right, we all blocked you, its only fair. LOL
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Someone Annoying You? - Fri Feb 11 2011 02:59 PM
cool
Posted By: texaspelican Re: Someone Annoying You? - Fri Feb 11 2011 03:21 PM
you can really cut loose now Brian...their not watching you! Wow moderators block me too! LOL
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: Someone Annoying You? - Fri Feb 11 2011 03:49 PM
Unfortunately, moderators can't block anyone. frown
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Someone Annoying You? - Fri Feb 11 2011 04:08 PM
I've been asked if I could display the number of people ignoring a member next to their name like total posts used to be. Interesting idea, but it ain't going to happen. wink
Posted By: BLange Re: Someone Annoying You? - Fri Feb 11 2011 08:50 PM
grin
Posted By: POLESIGNKID Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sat Feb 26 2011 04:12 AM
Wow have you got a button that we can use in real life...wabobb......
Posted By: eshaver Re: Someone Annoying You? - Tue Mar 08 2011 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Vermonter
If guys who love Petroliana can't get along on a *stupid ( no offense Jim) website without blocking posts, how in the *heck can we expect the *idiots who run this country to get along and get something done? Grow up, this is silly high school stuff. If you don't like someone, skip over their post. I have edited a lot of swear words I wanted to use to make my point. Use your imagination...or just skip my post.
John

Great post sir !

hey, , I see the same stupidness at Model Cars Magazine .com too. First, I ignore this childish behaviour and NO , I don't comment upon it . I move to the next topic....... Ed Shaver
Posted By: champlinman Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sat Feb 02 2013 09:01 PM
Is there a reason I cannot view peoples profile? I used to could but now it says I don't have access. Did something change? Thanks, Todd.
Posted By: rogerg Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sun Feb 03 2013 12:23 AM
I'm gonna go way out on a limb and guess that when you call the moderators names............

you get access revoked.....

bet your post are all monitored before showing up on here also.
Posted By: champlinman Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sun Feb 03 2013 11:01 PM
Wow, my first brush with the law, I get life in prison and don't collect $200 if I pass GO.
Posted By: towbizz33 Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sun Feb 03 2013 11:24 PM
i still don't know the rules.i was blocked also.i think i know why,but don't know by who. if i offended someone please pm. would like to be back in the loop.thanks
Posted By: rogerg Re: Someone Annoying You? - Mon Feb 04 2013 12:05 AM
I lipped off to a cop 25 years ago and took a night stick to the face! (my first lip off!) LMFAO
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Someone Annoying You? - Mon Feb 04 2013 02:00 AM
Originally Posted By: towbizz33
i still don't know the rules.i was blocked also.i think i know why,but don't know by who. if i offended someone please pm. would like to be back in the loop.thanks

You still here??
Posted By: blacktee Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sun Feb 10 2013 06:01 PM
I was reading back through this thread and saw BL's (Brian Lange) post. Has anybody talked to him lately. I never see him post anymore ? Hope he's alright....

Doug
Posted By: st.rod Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sun Feb 10 2013 06:59 PM
I have not talked to him. He has a facebook page look him up.

Larry
Posted By: chevyll Re: Someone Annoying You? - Wed Mar 19 2014 01:41 AM
I know a guy who knows a guy who takes care of people like this
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Re: Someone Annoying You? - Wed Nov 08 2017 01:55 AM
Yes....it is called patience.
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Someone Annoying You? - Sat Nov 11 2017 12:34 AM
I wish I could hear what Good Ol DB would have said ! laugh

DON'T BLOCK ME BROS !!!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk