Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: coopwyo A piece of the Old West - A 1912 Aermotor Windmill - Mon Jul 17 2017 05:07 PM
I would really like to trade this windmill head for a 6' red and green Sinclair HC sign. However, I'll take REASONABLE offers into consideration as well. This is a very high quality windmill that is over 100 years old!

This is an 8 foot diameter, authentic, antique windmill head off a southeast Wyoming farm/ranch. This windmill was made in 1912 (as can be seen stamped on the main head loop) by the Aermotor Company out of Chicago, IL. It also has the name of the business in Pine Bluffs, WY that sold it stamped on in in a couple places. It is in very good condition and spins freely. All the parts are there and it could conceivably be hooked up and used to pump water again.

There are many restoration outfits out there that supply parts for this kind of windmill so it could easily be brought back to life. In fact, the Aermotor Company still exists and is still making windmills.

These windmills routinely sell in the $3000 - $4000 range, but I would accept $1500.00. This windmill is located east of Cheyenne, Wyoming. It is big and heavy, so it will require some thought on how to get it to you. If you are interested, please let me know and we can try to work something out.

Attached picture windmill 5.jpg
Attached picture windmill 2.jpg
Attached picture windmill 3.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk