Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: CathyS Route 66 Gas Stations - Mon Apr 22 2013 06:22 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this list. I have a Route 66 theme in my basement. I'm looking for retro looking reproductions of gas stations signs you could find along Route 66, particularly in the 50's and 60's. I know there was Mobil, Phillips 66, Texaco, 76, Sinclair, but I was wondering if you had any others you knew of? Thanks!
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Route 66 Gas Stations - Tue Apr 23 2013 11:14 AM
Welcome to Oldgas.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Route 66 Gas Stations - Tue Apr 23 2013 11:34 AM
Welcome to Oldgas.com Shop Talk!

If you are looking for reproduction signs for decor, browse through these vendors:
Vic's 66
http://www.vics66.com/signs/
Time Passages
http://www.time-pass.com/shop/page19.html
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Route 66 Gas Stations - Wed Apr 24 2013 06:58 AM
Cathy,
Sorry I don't do PMs, so I will suggest this here. Take a look at me website: www.petrocollect.com

There are over 17,000 images on the site, mostly gas pump related, but if you are really looking for something that was in every station along R-66, take a look at the ECO Air Meter section. We are the largest sellers of restored ECOs and we are running out of meters to sell. We do have a few left if you are interested.

I also have over a 1000 original ads for service stations, oil companies, etc. just let me know what you would like.

Jack Sim
jhsim@petrocollect.com
Posted By: Old Iron Re: Route 66 Gas Stations - Wed Apr 24 2013 02:05 PM
Hi Cathy,

I'm not sure what you are after.If you just want a list of companies,you can add these:Gulf,Shamrock,Whiting Bros.,Conoco,Humble,Malco,Hedges and Horn.And I'm just mentioning a few from Texas,New Mexico and Arizona.If the mid-west and west coast guys weigh in,I think that list is going to get a LOT longer.

If you are asking which of those companies you can get reproduction/fantasy signs for that is another question.I will note that if you include fantasy signs in your plans more small signs will become available IMO.Hope that helps.There were a lot of them and some of them operated only in certain states.Good luck.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk