Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Perdue31 Looking for Eco Islander Lights and poles - Tue Mar 19 2013 11:27 PM
Wondering if anyone had any of these lights or poles for sale. Or if they repop the poles or not. Really want a red light shades with 3 spot lights on them. Any help would be great! Thanks! Photos are sorta like the meters look like that they would be going on. PM me or call 3369535158

Attached picture 4512796_1_m.jpg
Attached picture 4512795_1_m.jpg
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Looking for Eco Islander Lights and poles - Wed Mar 20 2013 04:52 AM
The first picture is bogus. This is a Model 93 and it never had this light on it. Someone just made this up.

At one time there were two people who were reproducing the goose neck piece and the plate under it. Unfortunately, neither are doing it anymore.

As for the rest of the upward pole, it is simply a 3" (I'm guessing) piece of pipe and above it you can use just about any company's light. It appears that original ECO Islanders used Revere lights, but any one that will fit the pipe will do. All Revere lights like the ones you are asking about came with holes in the top for the attachments, you could add as many as you wanted, many of the Revere bonnets that I have had did not have Revere spotlights on the as any lights would fit.

As for your second picture, this Islander uses a bracket that sits on the Islander and there is no head. I used to have two of them, but I can't remember if I still have them. Will look for them.

You need to attend gas shows such as Columbus which is coming up in mid-June and IG which is around the first of August, this is where you will find this type of lights.

If you need pictures, check out my website: www.petrocollect.com

Just follow the ECO thread. We are the worlds largest supplier of ECO parts, just let us know what you need.

Jack Sim
Posted By: Perdue31 Re: Looking for Eco Islander Lights and poles - Wed Mar 20 2013 12:18 PM
Jack, thank you for the information and I will follow your thread on your website and hopefully pick up a light. Thanks again
Posted By: ROCCO2 Re: Looking for Eco Islander Lights and poles - Wed Mar 20 2013 12:43 PM
these came from a car collector in Tarpon Springs,Fl. who auctioned off everything around 2005.they were made up they way he wanted them.
Posted By: Perdue31 Re: Looking for Eco Islander Lights and poles - Wed Mar 20 2013 12:58 PM
Only examples I could find that looked similar to the original ones we are restoring. Thanks, Jeremy
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Looking for Eco Islander Lights and poles - Fri Mar 22 2013 06:30 AM
I recognized them also, still have pic from the auction somwwhere in my files.

Yes, I said bogus, only beause I believe ECOs shoud be restored to their original look. This works with over 75% of my buyers, I leave the over restored, customized, etc.to the other 25%. By the way, Cindy and I have sold ECOs for over $20,000 (thats 10 restored ECOs) since the first of the year.

I will say this, I was the first to offer ECOs in colors, two-tones. I once showed up at Carlisle/Hershey with 19 restored ECOs in over 13 different color combinations. Then everone started to copy what I was doing. I just made the ECOs correspoond to the oil company colors. Got in trouble at Turkey Run in Flordia because I had one restored to Harley colors with a $20.00 factory Harley decal on it, but this is another long story.

As most of you kinow I sell ECO parts. What really gets me to smile is that I come with the idea of selling the chrome in a package, a few months later someone else is selling the same. I start selling the screws as a Stainless Steel set, again someone else starts the same. No one else seems to have any ideas, they just wait to see what I am doing and they copy it.

Jack Sim
Posted By: frankpl Re: Looking for Eco Islander Lights and poles - Fri Mar 22 2013 08:04 PM
I have the pole and mounting bracket like the bottom picture, I dont have the harp and shade though, It does have an original bracket for a towel rack...Frank
Posted By: Perdue31 Re: Looking for Eco Islander Lights and poles - Mon Mar 25 2013 12:31 AM
Sent you a PM Frankpl
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk