Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: AllenBrown82 well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Wed Sep 15 2010 03:26 AM
I believe I'm gonna collect 5 gal oil cans to start and see where it goes from there till i can afford a porcelain sign( I want that havoline wax free i sold on ebay back real bad now) but oh well. so if you got any 5 gal oil cans for sale I might be interested. remember i just started so i cant really afford the best but i'd definately be glad to see the best you have(that way i can keep my eyes open while im pickin) thanks yall and have a good one. oh heres two cans i found picken today.

Attached picture citgo 5 gal gear oil.jpg
Attached picture ford 5 gal.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Wed Sep 15 2010 12:59 PM
Be sure to buy as nice of cans as you can find so that they hold their nvalue. I have some really nice ones in several different brands and I'll try to get you some photos later today. Good luck!---KEVIN
Posted By: AllenBrown82 Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Wed Sep 15 2010 01:22 PM
Yeah I got 5 different citgo cans at this guys house, they were oil, hydraulic fluid, gear oil and one other one, they weren't very good shape but at 3 bucks ea I couldn't pass em up
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Thu Sep 16 2010 12:46 AM
Look for Cans with Good Graphics and in good condition.

Here is a Cool One on Ebay now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lge-5-GAL-REDOCO-MOT...=item20b39d1898
Posted By: Oldgas Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Thu Sep 16 2010 01:04 AM
Copy the eBay number (or title keywords) and paste either into the eBay search box at the bottom of this page. The eBay search advertising fees are what pay most of the bills to keep this site operational. Thanks for the support!

REDOCO MOTOR OIL RED HEAD GASOLINE CAN

Posted By: AllenBrown82 Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 03:50 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

would this can be considered good graphics, or just plain because it only says the name, or does good graphics mean whatever you happen to think looks good? I want to know the concensus of what everyone says is good graphics.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 03:58 AM
Click on link below to see a lot of cans w/ Good graphics.
http://yfrog.com/5mallcansmasterthumbnailcj
Posted By: AllenBrown82 Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 04:05 AM
what does fantasy cans mean
Posted By: AllenBrown82 Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 04:08 AM
does full or empty, or lidded and un-lidded have a bearing on a cans value?
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 04:12 AM
Fantasy Cans = Never existed, I created.
Copies are of Real original cans.
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 12:30 PM
Full or empty is personal preference. We drain all of our cans so we don't run the risk of having them leak all over. IMO it doesn't affect the value. I don't really think lidded or not lidded has a bearing on value, either. DB can re-lid them if they don't have lids, so that may lower the value by $20 or so. Kinda depends what the can is worth in the first place, to me.
Posted By: Alex Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 01:10 PM
I think she just took a shot at DB.....Ouch...LOL
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 01:17 PM
By nice graphics, they mean to look for cans with pictures of different objects on them--cars,trains, people,winged horse, buffalo etc. Also look for cans with vibrant color combinations. In short, look for something that will grab everyones attention and hold it! Don't waste your time on those plain lettered rusty things as they'll never be worth anything and noone will ever really desire to spend time looking at them.
The link that Jason supplied to the ebay can is a very good example of a graphic can with vibrant colors that would hold a persons attention and hold it!!
Posted By: keithia Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 02:37 PM
Yeah it sounds like she took a shot at DB but I don't think she meant it the way it sounds. Send your can to Dick and have it lidded and it is worth 20 bucks less than before it was relidded. LOL
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 04:17 PM
I forsee more pie in DB's future.. wink
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 05:28 PM
better watch it!!i hear if tara takes a shot,she rarly misses!!!
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 06:33 PM
Yep, "Annie's" got her gun(s). And I better smile when I say that. grin wink Or I'll be ..... cry whistle
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 07:09 PM
LMAO!!
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 09:23 PM
What I meant was that I would pay $20 less for the can, knowing that I would need to pay to have it re-lidded. I think DB does a GREAT job re-lidding cans! Geez, you guys are brutal! wink
Posted By: T-way Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Fri Sep 17 2010 09:42 PM
Tara:

That's why I ALWAYS 'Preview Post' before I 'Submit'. LOL

Sometimes my fingers type things that really don't make sense once I read them out loud! wink

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Sat Sep 18 2010 12:16 AM
Jim, the funny thing is that I DID re-read it, but since I knew what I meant, I read it the right way! Hope DB isn't too mad at me...;)
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Sat Sep 18 2010 01:32 AM
Are WE doing another PIE ? I'll bring Bigger Lemons this time.
Tara's ANNUL Pie Making @ I.G.
YUMMY.
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Sat Sep 18 2010 03:12 AM
WE? You gonna squeeze the lemons and wash dishes?!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Sat Sep 18 2010 04:09 AM
What dishes, we used Paper Plates & Plastic Forks.
I know of an Easier way to Juice Lemons !
Posted By: Tara Worsham Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Sat Sep 18 2010 04:14 AM
Perhaps the dishes involved in baking the stupid thing?! Ok, let's stop hijacking this thread now...
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Sat Sep 18 2010 04:24 AM
WAS NOT A STUPID THING.
IT WAS A GREAT & DELICIOUS PIE from SCRATCH.
[& it's always EASIER the more times you do it !]
TALK ABOUT HI-JACKING A THREAD!

ISN'T THERE ALREADY A PIE THREAD? LOL!
Posted By: Thunder II Re: well i'm new and i think it's gonna be... - Sun Sep 19 2010 02:06 AM
Dick Bennett, free food...... Mad????? I dont think so.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk