Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: prowl1 Wanted St. Louis 409 visible handle cover - pic - Sat Dec 29 2018 06:22 PM
Greetings all,
I'm hoping someone might have a St. Louis 409 visible pump handle cover, as shown in the pic, that might be for sale, or one I could borrow, or rent to have a recast made.

Thanks,
Ryan

Attached picture 100_0116.JPG
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Wanted St. Louis 409 visible handle cover - pic - Sun Dec 30 2018 10:05 PM
I just went out and checked my 409 to measure the cover to help you if you get one made, but, it too is gone, so if you are able to get one to copy, I'll take one also.

One more thing, is it possible to get a picture of the pump handle, I'm not sure I have the correct one?

Jack Sim

jhsim@petrocollect.com
Posted By: hornsrus Re: Wanted St. Louis 409 visible handle cover - pic - Mon Dec 31 2018 03:48 AM
jack i have 408 do you have any more info that might not be in your books? i think i have a handle like that but i dont think it is right for that pump. thanks charley
Posted By: prowl1 Re: Wanted St. Louis 409 visible handle cover - pic - Thu Jan 03 2019 01:29 AM
Jack,
I have located a guy who said he will have his cover recast for me. I have asked him to make an extra. They will be cast iron. We'll see how it turns out in terms of quality. He didn't give me a timetable, so it could be a little while.
If it turns out good, I'll notify you. He did indicate they'd be $50 ea.

Ryan
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk