Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Coreybrownie Need a Tidewater Base for a Veedol Lollipop! - Wed Aug 16 2017 05:41 PM
My first post on oldgas and sadly I'm in need of a tidewater base in order to complete my lollipop "Ask For Veedol Motor Oils - Greases" 24" sign. I believe it should be 1 1/4 threaded in order to fit! If you have one or any base that will work contact me please, Thanks!
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Need a Tidewater Base for a Veedol Lollipop! - Wed Aug 16 2017 05:57 PM
Corey,are you sure you need a Tidewater Oil base (after 1956) and not a Tide Water Associated base (from 1936- 1956)?

If you will post an image of your sign; we may be able to tell you which base went with the sign...
Posted By: advertologist Re: Need a Tidewater Base for a Veedol Lollipop! - Wed Aug 16 2017 06:50 PM
Bob, I believe this is the 24" Corey has as you are correct as it would be tidewater/associated
Corey, I also needed a base & this was my solution until I find one- bought these wooden letters at Michael's and painted them orange (there not siliconed on yet as I'm in the middle of doing this).. ... cool

Attached picture IMG_2808[1].JPG
Attached picture IMG_2809[1].JPG
Posted By: Coreybrownie Re: Need a Tidewater Base for a Veedol Lollipop! - Wed Aug 16 2017 06:53 PM
Having trouble uploading my sign picture on my phone but i found a picture of the same style i own on google so i added the link. Thank you for your expertise! I have been collecting for 4 or 5 years and always wanted a lollipop sign so this will be my first one.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/170514-veedol-lollipop-sign
Posted By: Coreybrownie Re: Need a Tidewater Base for a Veedol Lollipop! - Wed Aug 16 2017 06:59 PM
Thats the one! I like that idea and I will definitely do that if i cant find the original base anytime soon. Thats a very shiny sign, mine is not glossy like that, the shine is long gone. Thanks for the reply!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk