Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: scootdog What friends are for +pics! - Tue Jan 20 2004 10:53 PM
In this hobby you can find some really great people. One of them is my buddy Doc. I needed (ok wanted) a large sign for my office and Doc has tons. We did some trading and at the end of it I came away with a 6ft Mobil shield, 4 ft Phillips 66, Conoco Pump Plate, Fire Chief Pump plate and a composite husky oil can. The combination of the signs and can were worth way more then pump I traded him.

Thats what friends are for. Now I just need hang the rest of my signs.

BTW- you all should have seen me hanging that six foot shield alone this weekend. They are HEAVY!

Scott
Posted By: djhubba Re: What friends are for +pics! - Tue Jan 20 2004 10:59 PM
VERY KEWL Scott ...and cool of Doc. I still gotta gets me one of those Mobil Shields..they are way cool. I wish I wish. Thanks for sharing

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: What friends are for +pics! - Tue Jan 20 2004 11:29 PM
Scott! Awesome trading dawg! That Big old shield has just the right kind of personality with those little not too annoying chips, and yes those baby's are
a chunk of dead weight! Esp if they are double sided! I've wrestled A few of them alone myself in the past....they'll make ya sweat! Nice other goodies too for sure!
Have a sign like your Sunoco cans on the left...swiped it from an abandoned gas station shortly before they tore it down!
Bonus!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Posted By: Scott Shipers Re: What friends are for +pics! - Tue Jan 20 2004 11:53 PM
Nice stuff Scott..Curious as to what the can is on the top right under the BIG A** Mobil Shield? You hung that by yourself? How did the back feel? Thanks in advance Scott...
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: What friends are for +pics! - Wed Jan 21 2004 12:52 AM
Scootdog,
Your on a roll, Get'R DONE !!!!!!! LOL
Dick
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk