Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Cold Pizza Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Mon Jul 16 2007 11:37 AM
I've noticed two different types of spotlights mounted ontop of the large 20 inch porcelain lamp shades.

Some used these cast aluminum..

While others like Revere used these porcelain color matching..

Can anyone tell me what circa these two types of spotlights were used,meaning was one earlier then the other,and if so specifically what years?

Also,I've see the Red porcelain matching spotlights like on the 20 inch Red Revere hood above,but never in Green or Blue colors,if the Revere hood is colored such.Those two usually have cast aluminum spotlights.
Has anyone even seen Green or Blue colored porcelain spotlights,or was Red the only porcelain matching spotlight released?

[This message has been edited by coldpizza (edited 07-16-2007).]
Posted By: dodogas Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Mon Jul 16 2007 12:06 PM
All the lights I have had, and I still have 3 right now that look like the first pic, are marked STONGCO NJ.

Still looking for an inspection side for the grey top cap for one.. anyone ever find a rusted out or smashed shade that has those parts on it??
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Mon Jul 16 2007 04:12 PM
my red revere has the matching red spots.i also have three green ones that are the same,but they were pole mounted.i could if i wanted put them on a shade.not sure on the years .mick
Posted By: jkyocom Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Mon Jul 16 2007 07:30 PM
I am in need of the aluminum part that holds the dome to the pole....anyone out there have one? It is a Revere pole.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Tue Jul 17 2007 06:27 AM
Lights similiar to these were made by many companies between the late 30's and the late 50's. I have many catalogs showing similiar lights.
Do you have a specific question about the lights, if so please post it and I'll look it up?

Jack Sim
Author, Gas pump Identificaiton book and Air Meter Identificaiton book
Need ECO parts? www.petrilianacollectibles.com
Posted By: +Chris Holt Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Tue Jul 17 2007 09:18 AM
Nice Shade I like Red , I finally got my Revere Light tower up( A green one) with water tap but did not hook up the air, to much trouble running underground lines, I did manage to seperated the spot lights from the main light electricly when I got it from the station owner he had it all wired together into one switch .
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Tue Jul 17 2007 01:03 PM
Appreciate all the replies so far..Thank You.

"Do you have a specific question about the lights, if so please post it and I'll look it up?"

Thanks Jack,I do.
Does your literature show that Green or Blue colored porcelain spotlights were available like that of the Red ones w/lenses in the second picture I posted?..(I think Micks Green are a different design)

I can only find collectors with the those Red spots..never the Blue or Green,which makes me believe they don't exist in those colors at all by either StoneCo,Revere or other manufacturers.

Also,is it realistic to say the porcelain colored spotlights were a later released option or earlier,then the those cast Aluminum spotlights?
If so what were those years?

Thank You!

[This message has been edited by coldpizza (edited 07-17-2007).]
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Tue Jul 17 2007 08:24 PM
coldpizza here ya go!top is revere,not sure of bottom,no name.i will concede that they are 3/4 instead of 1/2 pipe.but the bracket would fit.possible they werent use on the shades but only on poles?very interesting.also i used the glass and holder on my red ones so they are the same
Shot with KODAK CD33 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-07-17
Shot with KODAK CD33 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-07-17

[This message has been edited by oldnfuelish (edited 07-17-2007).]
Posted By: gasgeezer Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Tue Jul 17 2007 10:53 PM
I have had a few green shades with these type of porcelain spots, i think i still have a set of green spots around. They are hard to get for sure........Les
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Wed Jul 18 2007 12:08 PM
Very interesting.
Has anyone seen these spotlights colored Blue?
Posted By: danceswithpumps Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Wed Jul 18 2007 12:33 PM
One of my REVERE shades had 4 cast aluminum spots, made by STEBER, screwed into a junction box that was screwed into the very top of the shade. I sent you a pic to post, Coldpizza.
Thanks,
Rod van Pelt

------------------

[This message has been edited by danceswithpumps (edited 07-18-2007).]
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Wed Jul 18 2007 01:09 PM
Courtesy of Rod.

Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Wed Jul 18 2007 10:07 PM
rod thats how mine is,with a revere junction box
Shot with KODAK CD33 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-07-18
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Lampshade/Spotlight Question - Mon Jul 23 2007 12:52 PM
Can anyone confirm or deny that they made the porcelain colored spotlights in Blue?
I have only seen Green & Red so far.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk