Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: GermanPetroRookie Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Sun Nov 18 2007 03:50 PM
How do you guys appraise the VEEDOL Sign on my new Oildispenser I bought yesterday....
As you can see even in found, uncleaned condition is it absolutely mint.....

Thanx
Andy
[img=http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4646/roadtrip04veedolob7.th.jpg]
Posted By: JimT Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Mon Nov 19 2007 12:54 AM
Andy is it porcelain?
Posted By: GermanPetroRookie Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Mon Nov 19 2007 06:33 PM
yes Jim it is porcelain.......

Andy
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Mon Nov 19 2007 11:49 PM
Here is Andy's image:

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Posted By: dodogas Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Tue Nov 20 2007 03:48 AM
I am thinking the Veedol is not a seperate sign it is part of the cabinet, is that correct??

Then it is hard to value here as there are none. If it is a seperate sign you can take off that is another matter that we could help with.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Tue Nov 20 2007 04:07 AM
I see 4 mounting screws [10-2-4 & 8]. It's a sign.
Posted By: gasgeezer Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Tue Nov 20 2007 12:44 PM
I would guesss in the $400- $450 range if it was mine and i was selling.
Posted By: GermanPetroRookie Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Tue Nov 20 2007 05:28 PM
...it could easily be taken off by unscrewing...

Andy
Posted By: thermactor Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Tue Nov 20 2007 11:40 PM
It looks to be in fantastic shape. I'm sure 450-500 would not be out of line.

Wes
Posted By: JimT Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Wed Nov 21 2007 01:07 AM
I like it better on the original cabinet..No? Could we see a picture with the door closed by chance?
Posted By: Wayne Wood Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Wed Nov 21 2007 02:36 PM
Is there any signage on the side of the cabinet? Looks great neat find!
Wayne
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Wed Nov 21 2007 10:13 PM
Andy the sign would be worth $450-$575. The better the condition the better the value. I like it on the cabinet too! But that sign would look nice on the wall to. Hard call but it is yours. If you take it off the cabinet I would put a repop or decal back on it.
Posted By: GermanPetroRookie Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Thu Nov 22 2007 06:15 PM
Hey Fellers..
I NEVER WILL TAKE IT OFF THE CABINET ( EXCEPT DURING THE CLEANING )....
But I´m not familiar to the prices.....
In fact that I paid only 75.- $ for the whole cabinet...it was very intersing to me to check the marketvalue.....
When I heard the price, the owner asked last week , I tought : That single Sign is worth much more....)

Ps. The VEEDOL decals on both sides are missing....
Andyoline.....

Andy
Posted By: GermanPetroRookie Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Thu Nov 22 2007 06:23 PM
Attached pic wth closed door....

Free Image Hosting at  <a href=www.ImageShack.us />

Andy
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Thu Nov 22 2007 07:03 PM
Hi Andy,
The html picture code won't work because html is blocked here because of security issues. Always use the "Forums 1" code from ImageShack. Here is your image. Click thumbnail to get a larger image.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Posted By: GermanPetroRookie Re: Appraisal of a Veedol Sign... - Fri Nov 23 2007 07:40 PM
Thanx jim for your kind support, preciade it....
just recognized to picked the wrong codetype...

Andyolin
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk