Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas globe guy gulf pump plates - Thu Mar 28 2013 05:43 PM
Hello all!

I was wondering how many different pump plates gulf had. I wanted to start collecting them and make a wall of them. Let me know. If you have some pics, please share!

Thanks
Noah
Posted By: Old Iron Re: gulf pump plates - Thu Mar 28 2013 11:40 PM
Well Noah,now is as good a time as any to point out why you should buy some readily available books and keep track of ebay,various other auctions and get to know a few established collectors in your area.

If you do those things I think you will find that there are about 35 or so plates.I also think that it would take you a loooong time to chase them all and your investment just might approach $10,000 if you go after high grade.

I don't really collect Gulf,got a few,but I do know what happens fast with Texaco LOL.Maybe some Gulf guys will correct me on this one.
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: gulf pump plates - Fri Mar 29 2013 01:36 AM
This is from a few years back. I have added at least 4 more.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: gulf pump plates - Fri Mar 29 2013 01:41 AM
Noah, you need "Gulf Oil Collectibles" and "More Gulf Oil Collectibles" books... I see there is a copy of "Gulf Oil Collectibles" on Ebay and "More Gulf Oil" in the bookstore...
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: gulf pump plates - Fri Mar 29 2013 02:19 AM
I am speechless... I have never seen so many gulf pump plates in one picture! I will look for some at Michigan gas this May. I hope to buy 2 or 3. I am bidding on one no nox sign on eBay right now. It is the dark blue, whits and orange. I only have one right now, but I want ones with some chips in them, I don't have lots of money to spend. Thanks for sharing your picture!!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: gulf pump plates - Fri Mar 29 2013 03:15 AM
Bill, that is an awesome gulf PPP collection!. Very nicely displayed.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: gulf pump plates - Fri Mar 29 2013 03:56 PM
Fantastic display, Bill. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: cormy Re: gulf pump plates - Fri Mar 29 2013 04:33 PM
Looking at the pic...was there a rectangle number 1 diesel fuel?
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: gulf pump plates - Fri Mar 29 2013 04:53 PM
...yes, there was a trapezoidal 'Diesel 1 Fuel' sign...
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: gulf pump plates - Fri Mar 29 2013 06:38 PM
Beautiful display and a very inspiring collection!
Was the "DIESELECT" a gas pump suicide option at select Gulf stations??? laugh
I could just see the comercial,, "Gas pump prices have you down? No way to afford your tank fill up? Choose Gulf's, "DIESELECT" option on the gas pump for a quick Gulf inspired exit to it all!" ha ha
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk