Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Scott Baselt Flying A still in business ? - Sun Feb 03 2013 09:34 PM
While driving around the east side of Santa Rosa on Montgomery Dr. last Friday we came upon a Flying A gas station. (my wife just mentioned that SHE was the one who spotted it - I trained her well) I didn't realize that they were still in operation. It was good to see !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Flying A still in business ? - Sun Feb 03 2013 09:49 PM
OMG, Your Going to give Bob & Alan HEART ATTACKS!
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Flying A still in business ? - Sun Feb 03 2013 10:09 PM
The business is part of the Royal Petroleum Group

http://www.royalpetroleum.com/about_overview.aspx

And yes, it is great (IMO) that the "Flying A" name is still around!
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Flying A still in business ? - Sun Feb 03 2013 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
OMG, Your Going to give Bob & Alan HEART ATTACKS!

I heard that we can put their remains in an old oil can, if the heart attacks take them. I even know somebody who can put the lids on the can. LOL...

Give me a break guys. I'm only the person who was warped enough to type what others were thinking...
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Flying A still in business ? - Sun Feb 03 2013 11:35 PM
Thunder, Was that reply done w/ your KINDLE? LOL
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Flying A still in business ? - Sun Feb 03 2013 11:51 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!

Actually. The kindle has been returned. It took SIX weeks, yes SIX weeks, for S-Girl to get her refund. Amazon has promised me a phone call about the whole situation... And still I wait. Barnes & Noble however, has made a LOT of sales, because of Amazons INCREDIBLY poor customer service...
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Flying A still in business ? - Mon Feb 04 2013 12:06 AM
Cha Ching!! $$$$$. DB! Lol!
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Flying A still in business ? - Mon Feb 04 2013 03:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
The business is part of the Royal Petroleum Group

http://www.royalpetroleum.com/about_overview.aspx

And yes, it is great (IMO) that the "Flying A" name is still around!

Thanks for the link Bob. Very informative.
Posted By: oldz70 Re: Flying A still in business ? - Mon Feb 04 2013 12:18 PM
i wouldn't mind having that sign.
Posted By: eshaver Re: Flying A still in business ? - Mon Feb 04 2013 01:29 PM
That raises the question as to who owns Pure and several other supposedly "Dead " oil companies then.......... Ed Shaver
Posted By: DaveWilliams Re: Flying A still in business ? - Mon Feb 04 2013 02:31 PM
I think you'd be surprised to find that there are operating versions of almost all of the original brands to be found. Whether it's a one-off small local chain or larger, they're out there.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk