Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Scott Baselt Nine 6' SINCLAIR signs - Mon Apr 02 2012 06:16 AM
A friend of mine from Northern Wisconsin called me Sunday night wondering if $xxx was a decent price to pay for a 6' Sinclair HC sign. I said "Get them NOW". Some guy in Hurley, WI put them on Craigslist Saturday morning and had three left. My friend called and said he would take the last three sight unseen but please send pictures and I'm on my way. The guy selling them asked if these were collectible as he had people calling from three different states and he was surprised they sold so fast. Personally I'm surprised the first buyer didn't take them all. Hopefully my friend will sell me one !

Did anyone on this site get any ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: Garage-A-GoGo Re: Nine 6' SINCLAIR signs - Mon Apr 02 2012 09:19 AM
And they say the stuff just isn't out there any more!!!!
Nice Score!!! the color and condition are awesome!
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: Nine 6' SINCLAIR signs - Mon Apr 02 2012 10:27 AM
wasnt me , musta missed them. dang!!!
Posted By: TeeTee Re: Nine 6' SINCLAIR signs - Mon Apr 02 2012 02:13 PM
Hurley is a mile away from me and I advertise locally all the time...I had no idea who had them or that they were available.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Nine 6' SINCLAIR signs - Mon Apr 02 2012 02:14 PM
Nice find!
Posted By: Mr.Wadhams Re: Nine 6' SINCLAIR signs - Mon Apr 02 2012 03:11 PM
I talked to him. The ad was actually put on late Friday evening. It was a kid selling them for his dad. He said they were buried on some property his dad was selling. Said he had a hard time finding them and bent one trying to get it out of the ground. From the bad picture on Craiglist I made a fair offer. He said he wanted to let them run a couple days first before making a decision. The vultures descended! That's the last I heard about them until now. I'm sure he did not give them away smile Should be on Ebay by now for two times what they are worth!

Jim
Posted By: signgod2112 Re: Nine 6' SINCLAIR signs - Mon Apr 02 2012 07:46 PM
There's a guy on the Milwaukee Wisconsin Craiglist who just posted 3 of these signs for $800 ea. Is this your friend Scott?
Posted By: Old Racer Re: Nine 6' SINCLAIR signs - Mon Apr 02 2012 08:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott Baselt
Personally I'm surprised the first buyer didn't take them all. Hopefully my friend will sell me one !

I bet he didn't have the cash for all of them. Looks like he is flipping all three.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/2935234370.html
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Nine 6' SINCLAIR signs - Tue Apr 03 2012 05:43 AM
Originally Posted By: signgod2112
There's a guy on the Milwaukee Wisconsin Craiglist who just posted 3 of these signs for $800 ea. Is this your friend Scott?

No. My friend wanted them for his own collection. I hope to be able to buy one of them from him.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk