Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: paulo57509 Delco Battery Date-of-Purchase Stamps? - Tue Jan 01 2002 12:03 AM
I just received some metal (die cast) stamps from my father-in-law as a Christmas gift. He told me that these were used to stamp battery posts with the date of purchase in order to verify warantee claims at a future date.

The stamps are year-specific; I would assume these are rare as after the year was up, they would be thrown into the trash.

I have never seen or heard of these things before. Anyone else have any other info?

Thanks.
Posted By: Tech Support Re: Delco Battery Date-of-Purchase Stamps? - Tue Jan 01 2002 12:20 AM
Sounds like your father in law has a believeable explanation. I don't know myself. I was wondering what years are on the stamps?
Posted By: paulo57509 Re: Delco Battery Date-of-Purchase Stamps? - Tue Jan 01 2002 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
Sounds like your father in law has a believeable explanation. I don't know myself. I was wondering what years are on the stamps?

Various years from 1958 & '59 (no brand); 1962 thru 66 (Delco).

The stamps are in the form a disk, with the month/year on the outer portion of the disk. You position the stamp over a battery post and whack it with a hammer.

[This message has been edited by paulo57509 (edited 12-31-2001).]
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk