Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: toplescuda What lense would been in globe body when new? - Wed Nov 02 2022 01:03 PM
Pretty sure this was a standard gas pump
Can anyone show what the lense would look like in the globe body when new?
Or did they all have a crown on them?

Attached picture Screenshot_20221102-080030_Gallery.jpg
example .. ... cool

Attached picture 1aaaasopu.PNG
Posted By: toplescuda Re: What lense would been in globe body when new? - Wed Nov 02 2022 04:06 PM
Yes I know the crowns could come on them. I have one my self. I was just wondering if a normal globe body ever came on this pump and if so what would the lens looked like

Here is my personal cyclops 80 standard pump

Attached picture Screenshot_20221102-110509_Gallery.jpg
Posted By: cggas Re: What lense would been in globe body when new? - Wed Nov 02 2022 05:25 PM
The tall cyclops pumps were made exclusively for standard oil, but I do not know if that pertains to the short cyclops pumps?
Posted By: toplescuda Re: What lense would been in globe body when new? - Wed Nov 02 2022 06:32 PM
Learn something new everyday
Posted By: toplescuda Re: What lense would been in globe body when new? - Fri Nov 04 2022 07:01 PM
Would the cyclops pump ever came with a non crown globe?
Posted By: Rick S. Re: What lense would been in globe body when new? - Fri Nov 04 2022 10:43 PM
I like the Crown! It just seems right! Rick S.

Attached picture IMG_0249.JPG
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: What lense would been in globe body when new? - Sat Nov 05 2022 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by toplescuda
Would the cyclops pump ever came with a non crown globe?

I guess the answer to your question is how authentic you want to be on your presentation. Standard of Indiana only used crown globes at the time that pump was made, they did not make any round lens globes. That said, the only round globe I know of that shows the oval and flame logo that would be period would be a UTOCO globe used by Utah Oil Refining Co.. The globe on the right pump in the photos Randy posted is a fantasy globe. Hopefully this helps answer your question.
Darin
Posted By: toplescuda Re: What lense would been in globe body when new? - Sat Nov 05 2022 06:55 PM
Thank you
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk