Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: toplescuda Mae west handle retaining bolt thread ? - Thu Sep 22 2022 12:19 AM
Sounds stupid but I didn't want to booger up threads
I thought it was a 3/8course thread. But it just does not start. It don't look to be fine thread
I'm referring to the bolt that holds the handle to the pump mechanism on a fry 117
Anyone know with out a doubt what size and thread count it is?
Posted By: RandyM Re: Mae west handle retaining bolt thread ? - Thu Sep 22 2022 01:41 PM
If you have a tap and die set it may have a thread pitch gauge in it. All my sets do, standard and metric.
Posted By: DX-Boron Re: Mae west handle retaining bolt thread ? - Sun Sep 25 2022 05:24 PM
3/8” 18 threads per inch. Coarse threads for a 5 gallon Fry 17. Just put a fresh bolt in to make sure !
Posted By: toplescuda Re: Mae west handle retaining bolt thread ? - Mon Sep 26 2022 11:30 PM
Got that all took care of. I'm gonna make something close to this but out of brass. And most likely have a flange t9 take care of a washer

Attached picture Screenshot_20220922-195405_Messenger.jpg
Posted By: model72 Re: Mae west handle retaining bolt thread ? - Tue Sep 27 2022 03:52 PM
Ralph, attached is a photo of an original handle, bolt, and special washer ((on the left). The handle, bolt, and washer on the right are my repros that I no longer make.

Attached picture Fry handle assembly.JPG
Posted By: toplescuda Re: Mae west handle retaining bolt thread ? - Wed Sep 28 2022 11:19 PM
Look nice
I will see if I can't find a repo that looks as close as possible
Thank you for the pics
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk