Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jack007 Gas Pump Book recommendations - Thu Aug 04 2022 02:59 PM
Which books on collecting gas pumps can you recommend and where can I purchase them? Is the Gas Pump Bible from PCM worth the $74?

Thanks!!
Posted By: Yellowzebra Re: Gas Pump Book recommendations - Thu Aug 04 2022 08:03 PM
Subscribe…
Posted By: RandyM Re: Gas Pump Book recommendations - Fri Aug 05 2022 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jack007
Is the Gas Pump Bible from PCM worth the $74?

Thanks!!

Money well spent for any pump collector.
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: Gas Pump Book recommendations - Fri Aug 05 2022 03:45 PM
Jack Sim wrote two gas pump books. The second one was an update of the first one if i recall. Good books!
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Gas Pump Book recommendations - Fri Aug 05 2022 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Wes Maxwell
Jack Sim wrote two gas pump books. The second one was an update of the first one if i recall. Good books!

The third edition is the last and most recent from 2018 and is 100% worth the money.

I would also recommend the air meter book from the same supplier. And the globe CD and the oil can CD.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Gas Pump Book recommendations - Sat Aug 06 2022 07:48 PM
I would also highly recommend one of Jack Sim's gas pump guides.
Although it is out of print and hard to find, I think the "PCM's Guide to Gas Pump Restoration" can be a great resource. While the restoration step-by-step is kind of generalized, the 1000 pictures of gas pumps in different brands and grades over the years is invaluable. Knowing the proper color scheme, pump plate sign or decal and ad glass can help you do a historically correct restoration.
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly's e-book Gas Globe Guide is the authority on gas pump globes, values and their company history.
Posted By: Jack007 Re: Gas Pump Book recommendations - Wed Aug 10 2022 03:26 AM
Thanks guys, I picked up the Gas Pump Bible and the Gas Pump Restoration .
books, great stuff!

Jack
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk