Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: dhdevore Looking for info on Moore's Pennsylvania Oils card - Wed Jun 22 2022 07:01 AM
Hi! I recently acquired what I believe is a trade card advertising Moores Pennsylvania oils. I can't seem to find any info on this company. Anyone aware of information on this company's existence? Era? And who may possibly have purchased or acquired this company? Any help greatly appreciated.

This card opens ...much like an old greeting card..about the size of a postcard or trading card. Black americana reference appears on the front..and the oil advertising on the back. Thanks!

Attached picture 20220620_164843.jpg
Attached picture 20220620_164843.jpg
Posted By: GILMORE Re: Looking for info on Moore's Pennsylvania Oils card - Wed Jun 22 2022 06:26 PM
I know nothing about the company. However, I did find some articles hits searching "Moore's Pennsylvania Oils" from papers late 1800s -early 1900s. They appear to be classified ads verbatim to the card saying.

There was a Moore Oil Co. out of Cincinnati. Might be that same company.

Moore station in Cincy...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Promo card...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Thank u SOOOO much..Absolutely helps tremendously as I had ran across a few hits like u mentioned..but with the common name "Moore Oil" ...was hesitant on confirming. Makes total sense based on where I acquired the piece. Thank u !
Posted By: mapper Re: Looking for info on Moore's Pennsylvania Oils card - Thu Jun 30 2022 01:13 PM
I can provide more information if requested, but the Pure Oil Company purchased the Moore Oil Company some time around 1920.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk