Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Craig Osbeck looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Wed Mar 23 2022 08:48 PM
Friend has one and wants to sell. Body work done.

Attached picture 66975218659__8FA2B5E6-CA79-4558-B344-0B661C82B692.jpeg
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Fri Mar 25 2022 02:31 PM
120 people looked at this and not a one could comment on the price of a Wayne 70 probably one of the most common pumps. This site has lost most of its members now I see and can't contribute anymore. SAD
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Fri Mar 25 2022 03:44 PM
I bought a Wayne 70 maybe six years ago at a swap meet, Iola Wisconsin, for $500. All there, pretty good shape. Looking at ebay sales I'm seeing complete pumps, nothing done to them, going for 1,500 - 2k, which seems high to me! But I don't buy pumps very often.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Attached picture Capture2.JPG
Posted By: minuteman Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Fri Mar 25 2022 05:06 PM
You live and breath gas pumps, make parts, sell parts for who knows how many years and between you and you buddy can’t come up with a ballpark number on a Wayne 70 seriously.
Posted By: SWABBY Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Fri Mar 25 2022 07:18 PM
Craig...I have bought and sold lots of 70's over the years...the pump in the pic should bring between 1400-1800,
if it is complete with all parts there. Being in primer and all dents taken out, about 1800...IMHO. Warren
Posted By: hawkike Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Fri Mar 25 2022 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Craig Osbeck
120 people looked at this and not a one could comment on the price of a Wayne 70 probably one of the most common pumps. This site has lost most of its members now I see and can't contribute anymore. SAD

Agree-and sometimes it is better to not get an answer!
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Fri Mar 25 2022 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by SWABBY
Craig...I have bought and sold lots of 70's over the years...the pump in the pic should bring between 1400-1800,
if it is complete with all parts there. Being in primer and all dents taken out, about 1800...IMHO. Warren

Warren, I need to get more savvy with current prices. We've had the luxury of pulling from an old stock pile of pumps which is seriously dwindling. How much are say MS80s, Tokheim 39s, and maybe a Bennett 746 going for these days? I see the ebay prices but assume those are out of wack prices.
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Fri Mar 25 2022 11:32 PM
Paul, I see the above auction information you posted for these pumps included both eBay and independent auction company results. What website or service did you use to find this broader sampling of final pricing results? Thanks. John
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sat Mar 26 2022 12:19 AM
I checked the petro value questions section...practically every thread there has an answer. Didn't see your pump question there though. Maybe the general thread section gets more traffic from those that don't know the answer.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sat Mar 26 2022 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Jolly-John
Paul, I see the above auction information you posted for these pumps included both eBay and independent auction company results. What website or service did you use to find this broader sampling of final pricing results? Thanks. John

John, that's worthpoint.com. Its a site you have to pay a monthly fee to use, I use it enough that its worth it for me. You can search it for free, but it won't show any of the sale prices. I do sometimes turn off the service and then back on again later. It shows old ebay sales which is nice.
Posted By: keithia Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sat Mar 26 2022 02:54 AM
$1200 is what I see in my area unrestored and good in good shape. With that one being prepped already probably a little more if you are restoring it. Lots of those pumps around.
Posted By: SWABBY Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sat Mar 26 2022 02:11 PM
As all of us in the hobby knows,, pumps are getting scarce in about every location. And like everything
else, because of the lack of supply, prices will go up . Any tall 40's pumps, 39's, 70's, 646's, etc will bring
1200-1500, depending on condition. Any pump that's in primer with all body work done, like the one Craig
posted, with good porcelain faces and dials that turn freely, should bring 1800-2000, if all trim is there.
The shorter 50's pumps in same condition will bring 800-1000. Again, location, location, location. Pumps
on west coast and PNW will bring more than, say in Boise, ID. Don't use Ebay as a sample for prices, we
all know these prices are crazy. This is IMHO after 32 yrs. hustling pumps..thanks Warren
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sat Mar 26 2022 02:47 PM
Thank you for the heads-up on Worthpoint, Paul. John
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sat Mar 26 2022 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by SWABBY
As all of us in the hobby knows,, pumps are getting scarce in about every location. And like everything
else, because of the lack of supply, prices will go up . Any tall 40's pumps, 39's, 70's, 646's, etc will bring
1200-1500, depending on condition. Any pump that's in primer with all body work done, like the one Craig
posted, with good porcelain faces and dials that turn freely, should bring 1800-2000, if all trim is there.
The shorter 50's pumps in same condition will bring 800-1000. Again, location, location, location. Pumps
on west coast and PNW will bring more than, say in Boise, ID. Don't use Ebay as a sample for prices, we
all know these prices are crazy. This is IMHO after 32 yrs. hustling pumps..thanks Warren
Thanks Warren that's helpful info.
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sat Mar 26 2022 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Craig Osbeck
Craig, There are a whole legion of guys who are no longer posting? I don't know what happened to them? Most of them supplied a lot of common sense and practical knowledge. I knew some of them personally and we helped each other out at times. Things have changed but I still check in daily. Paul
Posted By: petropumps Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sun Mar 27 2022 12:39 AM
I find pumps in that shape are tougher to sell than originals. A nice patina Wayne 70 is worth in the $1500 range. I’d price the one pictured less than that, even though it’s obvious someone put some time and money in to it. JM2C.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sun Mar 27 2022 02:32 AM
Thank you, sorry had to rant to just get an answer. I have not sold one in years and he wanted to know.
Posted By: RandyM Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Sun Mar 27 2022 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by petropumps
I find pumps in that shape are tougher to sell than originals. A nice patina Wayne 70 is worth in the $1500 range. I’d price the one pictured less than that, even though it’s obvious someone put some time and money in to it. JM2C.

I don't think originals had rust on them. I am struggling with your logic of more value for rust.
Posted By: ALSS72 Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Mon Mar 28 2022 01:16 AM
$1200 imo
Posted By: petropumps Re: looking for a value on aWayne 70 - Mon Mar 28 2022 06:31 AM
I’m guessing you don’t buy and sell many pumps then. The ones that bring the money are nice originals with good patina. Patina doesn’t necessarily mean “rust”. I stopped restoring pumps years ago because the hobby was shifting much more to original pumps (as was I). But to each their own.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk