Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: toplescuda Having pump parts replated. - Thu Jan 20 2022 02:41 AM
I bought new conduit and lamp arms for my Mae west visible pump. While they are nice and money at or paint
I thought about have them chrome plated
Any one here done anything like that?
What would something like that run me?
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Having pump parts replated. - Thu Jan 20 2022 01:39 PM
That would look cool, however chrome is expensive.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Having pump parts replated. - Thu Jan 20 2022 02:55 PM
A few of us have tried, used, and are happy with Courtesy Metal Plating, 735 North Addison Road, Villa Park, IL 60181

Phone 630 832-1862

Good luck with your project. Can't wait to see it.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Having pump parts replated. - Thu Jan 20 2022 04:02 PM
I was just @ Courtesy yesterday. smile
Posted By: toplescuda Re: Having pump parts replated. - Thu Jan 20 2022 08:17 PM
What would a ballpark prices be on something like that. So I don't get sticker shock lol
Posted By: Goober's Station Re: Having pump parts replated. - Fri Jan 21 2022 12:49 PM
Hey Cuda,
I recently restored a ten gallon Fry and brass plated all of the bolts, U-shaped pipe, rods, etc. I painted the pump using a Chevrolet color called "Pull you over red." I used an original spherical shaped one piece "Visible Gasoline" globe that I found at Iowa Gas. If you'd like to see a picture of it just text Goober at 330-428-1125. Some guys might say it's over restored but I did it the way I like and the customer who owns a museum absolutely loved it. I'm currently working on a Wayne 519 in Gold Crown gasoline and I'm following the same guidelines as I did on the Fry. It's Polar White with Sun Gold accents in the paint. Each positive stop number indicator going down the side of the pump has been brass plated. I'm using a NOS Gold Crown globe. If you take the time and make sure each piece has detail and just wasn't thrown on there, you'll be very pleased with the final product. Good luck!

Goober smile
Posted By: toplescuda Re: Having pump parts replated. - Fri Jan 21 2022 09:04 PM
Was told that can't brass plate parts....
Did yoh do your self or send them out to be brass plated?
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Having pump parts replated. - Fri Jan 21 2022 11:13 PM
I have parts chromed and brass plated at Courtesy Metal Polishing all the time. You need to go onto their site and then contact Victor to get an estimate. Any guess on this site will be incorrect. By the way, Goober is one of the best gas pump restorers around. When he speaks......pay attention. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: toplescuda Re: Having pump parts replated. - Sun Jan 23 2022 09:45 PM
I bought brass rods. The large tube inside will buy that new (also brass)
Will buy a brass gate valve. And nozzle
The u shape tube.i want chrome plated along with the conduit and lamp arms. Not sure what will do with the lamp shades
But...i. think they would look good brass plated and maybe some Edison bulbs??
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk