Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: CdnGasPumpNut Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Fri May 21 2021 02:06 AM
I have a cast iron Crawford 5 gallon visible gas pump. It is missing the nozzle. Given the rarity of this pump and the limited information on them, I thought I would see if anyone knew the type of nozzle (manufacturer) that came with them from factory? I wasn't sure whether they crafted their own (in which case, it will never be replaced) or whether they used a more standard nozzle for the time from a different manufacturer. Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone may be able to provide (or any other information on these rare pumps).
Posted By: advertologist Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Fri May 21 2021 02:17 AM
picture of pump please ? .. ... cool
Posted By: CdnGasPumpNut Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Fri May 21 2021 11:13 AM
Sorry - here you go.

Attached picture Crawford_1.jpeg
Posted By: CdnGasPumpNut Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Fri May 21 2021 11:15 AM
Pic 2

Attached picture Crawford2.jpeg
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Fri May 21 2021 01:20 PM
VERY COOL PUMP!!!
Posted By: advertologist Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Fri May 21 2021 03:35 PM
you have a museum piece there, xlnt resto

the red/black & gold pop -

where would the nozzle mounted ? .. ... cool
Posted By: CdnGasPumpNut Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Fri May 21 2021 05:50 PM
It's a great question - I'm not even sure. I suspect there must have been a hook or something at one point in time. There are only of few of these in existence (from what I have been able to research) so there isn't even a lot of literature on these pumps. The pictures I have seen are all without hoses as well. Some believe these could have been the first visible pumps manufactured (but who knows for certain).
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Sat May 22 2021 01:19 AM
What a beauty. Kind of has a Satam visible look to it.
Posted By: Savinsam Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Mon May 31 2021 04:42 PM
Oh yes, about 40+ years ago I spotted one of these in good original shape on a back road near St. Petersburg, Pa. (close to Emlenton). When I inquired about it, an older lady of about 80 years old said that it used to be her fathers old gas station at that site. She said that she planned on opening up the station again now that unleaded gas was being sold!! How many of you nave heard those stories before?
Posted By: CdnGasPumpNut Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Mon May 31 2021 09:06 PM
Great story! I wish I could find some old pics of these pumps in use. Would have been a cool sight to see. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Savinsam Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Wed Jun 02 2021 01:45 PM
To add to my story, I had a high school teacher named Roy Crawford who told me (many years later) that his grandfather owned the Crawford Pump Co. He said that he used to have a box of literature & photos pertaining to the pump and he would look and see if he still had it. No such luck. Someone had thrown it all away!
Posted By: CdnGasPumpNut Re: Crawford Visible Gas Pump - Wed Jun 02 2021 04:19 PM
I appreciate you looking into that! Fingers crossed someone else has some stuff they would be willing to share. Thanks again!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk