Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: ch3098 Help identifying original globes and lenses - Tue Feb 09 2021 07:39 PM
I am currently restoring a gilbarco 96 pump. I would like to find an original glass globe and lenses. I am open to about any brand, i would just prefer original over reproduction. My question is are there any clues to look for to determine an original globe and lenses? The globes pictured belong to a collector close to me. I am supposed to go look at them soon, and I am looking for any and all advice before I go to look at them.
Thanks,
Clayton

Attached File
Posted By: cggas Re: Help identifying original globes and lenses - Tue Feb 09 2021 08:10 PM
For sure the fire chief is fantasy (repo) it’s hard to tell by the pics of the others. Some of them are original, but would need better pics to tell on most of them.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Help identifying original globes and lenses - Tue Feb 09 2021 08:19 PM
Like Chris said, most of those are original ( for the simple fact that some aren’t reproduced). However there are a few in that picture that they do reproduce. Although they appear to be legit, you would need pics of the back of the lenses to get a better idea. The small FireChief at the end of the row is fantasy.
Posted By: ch3098 Re: Help identifying original globes and lenses - Tue Feb 09 2021 11:15 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I will get more detailed pictures when I am able to see the globes in person. Is there any distinguishable features on the glass globe bodies that will help determine original or reproduction?
Thanks,
Clayton
Posted By: cggas Re: Help identifying original globes and lenses - Wed Feb 10 2021 12:49 PM
I don’t kno a good way to determine if the body’s are original or not? But the lenses should be kinda ruff like a fine sandpaper on the backs. If there smooth as glass stay away from those.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk