Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 How Many Mobil Pegasus and Their Sizes - Thu Feb 04 2021 09:31 PM
My holy grail would be a legitimate original Mobil Pegasus that would fit in my garage. I am not talking about the Pegasus on a sign but the Pegasus itself. There is no way one of the large classic “Cookie Cutter” Pegasus would work...too large and too heavy. Through the years I have seen other smaller versions...but most were reproductions and fakes. I have often wondered if there was some general knowledge of 1) which are are real and 2) what are their sizes. Are there a dozen legitimate models that were produced or only 3 or 4? Were there more? Again, I am not talking about the Pegasus on a sign but the Pegasus itself.

What do you think?

Can you share photos and dimensions?
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: How Many Mobil Pegasus and Their Sizes - Sat Feb 06 2021 12:43 PM
Interesting, I'm about to hang mine today, it's what I call the "puffed" pegasus, It needs approx. 3'x4' area

Attached picture 20210206_094416.jpg
Posted By: Wasatch Man Re: How Many Mobil Pegasus and Their Sizes - Sat Feb 06 2021 02:55 PM
Here's mine and its original . Its roughly 4'4" x 3'4"

Attached picture IMG_1936.JPG
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Re: How Many Mobil Pegasus and Their Sizes - Sat Feb 06 2021 11:46 PM
That would be two smaller versions and the giant “Cookie Cutter” classic version....3 total so far. How many more legitimate original versions were there?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk