Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Stig Good Neighbor - Fri Dec 04 2020 02:43 PM
My neighbor was going to take this to the junk yard until I intervened .... That lit the fuse... I have bought 2 pumps since then..Going to see how much my dear wife will tolerate

Any way...who made it and gotta be worth $ 7-800 ??

Attached picture 20201204_083021.jpg
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: Good Neighbor - Fri Dec 04 2020 03:17 PM
It's a G&B pump, There are several models but I'm thinking it's a 296. I'm sure there will be others commenting. A friend gave me my first pump and beware because it quickly becomes a sickness.
I know have more than 70 in my collection..
Posted By: Jhaas63 Re: Good Neighbor - Fri Dec 04 2020 05:38 PM
Looks like an original 66 pump with a reproduction globe. I would guess you could get $1k-1200 for it, especially if it all lights up. The “patina” pumps are pretty much what people want nowadays. They are only original once.
Posted By: pumpdoc Re: Good Neighbor - Fri Dec 04 2020 11:48 PM
Hi Mark... Rusteration !!!
Posted By: Stig Re: Good Neighbor - Sat Dec 05 2020 12:57 AM
Hey Dan...I like that term....Just need to know how to make the globe look old ? BB gun ?
Posted By: fuelboy Re: Good Neighbor - Sat Dec 05 2020 01:15 AM
Dim bulb? smirk
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Good Neighbor - Sat Dec 05 2020 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by Stig
Just need to know how to make the globe look old ? BB gun ?

You can find old faded plastic Capco globe bodies to replace the shiny black one, or you can buy a steel globe body and do a rustoration on it. But don’t do a rustoration on the pump, that thing is done already.

-Steve
Posted By: Stig Re: Good Neighbor - Sat Dec 05 2020 02:43 AM
What about a skuff pad on the inside of globe glass ?
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Good Neighbor - Sat Dec 05 2020 04:10 AM
You could do that if you know how to tell the difference between real lenses and repops. In other words, you better make darn sure those aren’t real lenses in a new Capco body before you go scuffin them up. Small chance, but you never know.

Many scenarios out there.... maybe the farmer had the original globe and cracked the Capco body. So he bought a new one and put the lenses back in it. Or maybe the farmer got the pump from a gas station and the gas station gave him a globe that sat in his barn for 50 years before he put it on. Etc.

Yours do look like repops in that photo, but they did have those lenses back in the day. If you want, post a closer picture of the front AND BACK of the lenses on here and us folks here on OG can tell you if they’re real. (highly recommend) smile

And to be honest, you probably just need to age the globe body to make it look old, I wouldn’t worry about the lenses.

-Steve
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Good Neighbor - Sat Dec 05 2020 03:00 PM
WHAT A SAVE!!!!!

Attached picture maxresdefault (1).jpg
Posted By: pumpdoc Re: Good Neighbor - Sat Dec 05 2020 03:03 PM
Hi Mark.. I agree that it is already a " rusteration" .. Maybe start by removing globe and mounting ring..Replace the round cover plate and take a look at the pump in that condition.. I am sure you will have fun and you will like whatever you decide to do.. Great start...Good luck, Dan
Posted By: Stig Re: Good Neighbor - Sat Dec 05 2020 06:29 PM
That's my total investment in the pump ..repop lens & mount
Posted By: George Sager Re: Good Neighbor - Sat Dec 05 2020 09:09 PM
Hi Mark where are you from? I live in Danville I sent you a pm
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk