Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: ClassicRocker National Pump Parts Needed - Sat Jul 18 2020 01:14 AM
Attending my 1st event at Iowa Gas in Des Moines. Looking to restore my 1st pump - a National Model 90 pump. Hoping to meet vendor, person or people who can provide suggestions and or parts. I have room booked at The Hampton. I know I need clockface on both sides. Thanks for input.

Attached picture IMG_0443.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0444.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0445.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0448.JPG
Posted By: Speedracer Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Sat Jul 18 2020 02:35 AM
Dan and Vicki at PetroNuts might have those (petronuts.com). They sell reproduction face plates. You may want to contact them ahead of time and see if they can bring you a set. They have a large red trailer at the show and sell glass cylinders for visible pumps.

-Steve
Posted By: Goober's Station Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Sat Jul 18 2020 02:48 AM
Make sure you save those guts if you remove them. You'll need to locate a visi-guage for it. Good luck!

smile Goober
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Sat Jul 18 2020 03:33 AM
Ron Scobie offers faces, hands reset knob for your pump.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Sat Jul 18 2020 03:37 AM
Here is how a nozzle fits on your style nozzle rest. You will need one with the slot in the front.

Attached picture HPIM5009.JPG
Attached picture HPIM5008.JPG
Posted By: ClassicRocker Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Sat Jul 18 2020 07:20 PM
Guts are still in tact. I have not removed anything out. Took panels off so to display. I plan on taking folder of pics of pump with me. There is a porcelain electrical base on top - and inside the top. I assume the original but appears to be cracked. For light bulb and globe I assume. Thanks for pic of the handle - I know what to look for. Thanks all for the help!
Posted By: keithia Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Sun Jul 19 2020 02:26 AM
Here is mine for reference with the visi. I will have some nozzles at the show if you want to look me up. Set up right across from the convention center doors.

Attached picture IMG_3379.jpg
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Sun Jul 19 2020 02:38 AM
The above visi is for a G&B not a National. The National visi is octagon not round. I believe there was two or three variations of their octagon visi, not not sure witch one is correct for the National 90.
Posted By: Ron Scobie Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Tue Jul 21 2020 01:36 PM
The pump also has Bowser hands on it. National made a number of changes on the 90 over the years. Pumps with serial numbers from 901-905791 had different a different reset; faces; bezels and top casting to name a few. The reset went to the side (not through the glass) on the later ones.
Ron
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Wed Jul 22 2020 10:31 AM
I have a nozzle section on my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gas%20pump%20nozzles.htm

I also have pictures of your pump on this section: petrolianacollectibles.com/pc-1.htm Just click on literature.

If you are interested in any literature I can bring it to Iowa, I'll be selling the 3rd edition of my Gas Pump Bible identification book in the indoor vending room.

Jack Sim
Posted By: ClassicRocker Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Thu Jul 23 2020 03:17 AM
Will see you there. Working on Tokheim Interceptor pump as well
Posted By: George Sager Re: National Pump Parts Needed - Thu Jul 23 2020 03:32 AM
Jack I have tried to email you and can't get it to go have you got any literature on a Rush M-1/

Thanks George Sager
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk